Philadelphia group gets more time for Lawrence County casino plan
The Pennsylvania Harness Racing Commission this week granted Philadelphia-based Endeka Entertainment another 45 days to produce plans for a harness racing track and casino in Lawrence County.
A letter Monday from commission executive secretary George Crawford gave Endeka until March 14 to provide documentation of a financial commitment to building the $170 million racetrack facility, a management agreement for the facility and a completed application for a slot machine license.
Crawford's letter noted that Endeka made progress in meeting conditions the commission originally set in October. It was the second extension the commission granted.
Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or email@example.com.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Consumer, core prices inch up
- Flyers continue mastery of Penguins at Consol
- Penn State defense returns to familiar spot atop Big Ten Conference
- Florida fugitive nabbed in Pittsburgh-area homeless shelter
- Canadians more fearful, aware after ‘very rare’ attack
- Pitt offense eyes healthy balance
- VA promotion for administrator stuns legislator
- Highmark seeks double-digit increase for more benefits, heavy use
- PS New Kensington men’s soccer earns playoff win
- Laurel Mountain ski plan needs more information, planners say