Philadelphia group gets more time for Lawrence County casino plan
The Pennsylvania Harness Racing Commission this week granted Philadelphia-based Endeka Entertainment another 45 days to produce plans for a harness racing track and casino in Lawrence County.
A letter Monday from commission executive secretary George Crawford gave Endeka until March 14 to provide documentation of a financial commitment to building the $170 million racetrack facility, a management agreement for the facility and a completed application for a slot machine license.
Crawford's letter noted that Endeka made progress in meeting conditions the commission originally set in October. It was the second extension the commission granted.
Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Worley bounces back after rough start
- Penguins notebook: Staal insists he never asked for trade to Penguins
- Police arrest 4 in Pitcairn drug investigation
- First Draft: Beer lovers at CoStar take the time to brew it right
- Steelers re-sign WR Heyward-Bey to 1-year deal
- Pitt adds quarterback recruit from Cincinnati
- Alone at controls, Germanwings co-pilot sought to ‘destroy’ the plane
- Spring check-up: Gingham is this season’s fashion favorite
- Putin’s sure Russia wins tug-of-war with West
- Review: ‘Wild Tales’ sinks its teeth into 6 tales of revenge
- Sestak’s use of rank violates military’s code of ethics