Philadelphia group gets more time for Lawrence County casino plan
The Pennsylvania Harness Racing Commission this week granted Philadelphia-based Endeka Entertainment another 45 days to produce plans for a harness racing track and casino in Lawrence County.
A letter Monday from commission executive secretary George Crawford gave Endeka until March 14 to provide documentation of a financial commitment to building the $170 million racetrack facility, a management agreement for the facility and a completed application for a slot machine license.
Crawford's letter noted that Endeka made progress in meeting conditions the commission originally set in October. It was the second extension the commission granted.
Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Over the falls — Cucumber Falls that is — go 3 Kayakers in OhioPyle
- Penguins’ Lovejoy embracing defensive pairing with Pouliot
- Rossi: Kang would benefit from less attention
- Football star’s mom embraced life with gusto
- Wolf reverses Corbett, says deal between Highmark, UPMC doesn’t limit continuity of care to very ill
- Homestead Bottom Dollar’s fixtures, equipment head to auction
- Experts: Clinton took dangerous path with email system
- Mon-Yough lawmakers split on Wolf’s budget plan
- Mon-Yough communities continue recovery efforts from high waters
- Pirates pitcher Locke fighting for 5th spot in starting rotation