Philadelphia group gets more time for Lawrence County casino plan
The Pennsylvania Harness Racing Commission this week granted Philadelphia-based Endeka Entertainment another 45 days to produce plans for a harness racing track and casino in Lawrence County.
A letter Monday from commission executive secretary George Crawford gave Endeka until March 14 to provide documentation of a financial commitment to building the $170 million racetrack facility, a management agreement for the facility and a completed application for a slot machine license.
Crawford's letter noted that Endeka made progress in meeting conditions the commission originally set in October. It was the second extension the commission granted.
Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or email@example.com.
Add Matthew Santoni to your Google+ circles.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- Comeau’s hat trick leads Penguins; Crosby reaches career points
- Pitt plays best game of the season in rout of Kansas State
- Pregnant woman struck by van in North Side dies; doctors save baby
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Fatal crash closes Flight 93 chapel in Somerset County
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- Pirates notebook: Autographs to come at a cost at PirateFest
- Vanaski: Protesters won’t be thanking Wal-Mart
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop
- Defying the odds makes this Thanksgiving particularly poignant