Workers fall three stories when deck collapses in Lawrenceville
Published: Tuesday, January 29, 2013, 5:32 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Two workers were injured Tuesday afternoon when a deck collapsed at an apartment building under construction in Lawrenceville.
Pittsburgh Police Lt. Jason Lando said the workers, ages 24 and 18, were injured about 4:30 p.m. near the intersection of 49th and Harrison streets. Lando said the workers fell three stories to the ground.
Police Sgt. Ronald Griffin said detectives were told the men are in stable condition at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland.
Neighbors said they understand that the new loft apartments are scheduled to open this spring.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Penguins notebook: Tickets for Eastern Conference final on sale today
- Bank sues to stop $235,000 payment
- Smoking in school costs man more than a fine
- Pirates waste strong Burnett start, fall again to Brewers at Miller Park
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.