Workers fall three stories when deck collapses in Lawrenceville
Two workers were injured Tuesday afternoon when a deck collapsed at an apartment building under construction in Lawrenceville.
Pittsburgh Police Lt. Jason Lando said the workers, ages 24 and 18, were injured about 4:30 p.m. near the intersection of 49th and Harrison streets. Lando said the workers fell three stories to the ground.
Police Sgt. Ronald Griffin said detectives were told the men are in stable condition at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland.
Neighbors said they understand that the new loft apartments are scheduled to open this spring.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Policy to suspend employees with felony charges does not apply to Kane
- House explodes in North Braddock
- Starkey: Burnett writing incredible final chapter
- Federal, Indiana authorities raid home of Subway spokesman
- Warrant issued for former Munhall borough manager after failing to appear for trial
- Officials: F-16, small plane collide in midair over South Carolina
- Alvarez’s walk-off single lifts Pirates over Padres
- Crazy Mocha owner likes comfort, says shrewd decisions foster growth
- Pennsylvania court rules police videos can be public records
- Pair charged with prostitution-related offenses in South Greensburg
- Pirates notebook: Four players selected for All-Star Game