Police coax man off Lawrenceville rooftop
By The The Tribune-Review
Published: Wednesday, Jan. 30, 2013, 8:30 a.m.
Pittsburgh police Wednesday morning successfully negotiated a man down from a Lawrenceville rooftop, a dispatch supervisor said.
The situation started around 4:30 a.m. on Butler Street between 54th and 55th streets. Police took the unidentified man, who threatened to jump, into custody around 8:45 a.m., dispatch said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- ACC announces Pitt’s opponents for next 2 seasons; Powell signs with Dukes
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Preview of Wednesday’s Reds-Pirates game
- Steelers pick up defensive end Heyward’s option for 2015 season
- Pitcher Cueto shuts down Pirates as Reds cruise to victory at PNC