Police coax man off Lawrenceville rooftop
Pittsburgh police Wednesday morning successfully negotiated a man down from a Lawrenceville rooftop, a dispatch supervisor said.
The situation started around 4:30 a.m. on Butler Street between 54th and 55th streets. Police took the unidentified man, who threatened to jump, into custody around 8:45 a.m., dispatch said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ Burnett endures another poor start in blowout loss to Reds
- Steelers stress improved conditioning in attempt to play past injuries
- Memories of Steelers fan from Beaver Falls go beyond simple recall
- Steelers’ reserve quarterbacks vie to secure spot behind Roethlisberger, Gradkowski
- Pirates bolster bullpen by trading for former closer Soria
- Inside the Steelers: Rookie linebacker Chickillo continues to excel
- Police: Escaped Armstrong County inmate armed, dangerous homicide suspect
- 4 people, including 12-year-old boy, shot, wounded in Homewood
- Gorman: Women breaking coaching barriers
- Traded after Stanley Cup, Saad not alone in being dealt after title
- Pirates notebook: Blanton introduced; Worley designated for assignment