Police coax man off Lawrenceville rooftop
Pittsburgh police Wednesday morning successfully negotiated a man down from a Lawrenceville rooftop, a dispatch supervisor said.
The situation started around 4:30 a.m. on Butler Street between 54th and 55th streets. Police took the unidentified man, who threatened to jump, into custody around 8:45 a.m., dispatch said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Penguins notebook: Penguins acquire Blues forward Lapierre for Goc
- Letang produces 5 assists in return as Penguins defeat Jets, 5-3
- Wilkinsburg man killed in his apartment
- Pirates trade Snider to Orioles for minor league pitcher
- Chartiers Valley displays shooting touch in blowout win over USC
- Winfield man is one of a few to attend all 49 Super Bowl games
- Panthers drop heartbreaker in overtime to Virginia Tech
- No cross-checking here: Penguins misspell ‘Sidney’
- Pittsburgh to consider measure to give city employees 6 weeks of paid parental leave
- 3-D images to help police in Western Pa. navigate terror, hostage scenes
- Now a Patriot, RB Blount’s thrilled to have moved on from Steelers