Rock slide closes Route 906 near Belle Vernon
A rock slide on Route 906 in Washington Township led Fayette County emergency personnel to close the road between the Fayette Road/West Side Street intersection and State Street in Belle Vernon.
A county 911 official said no one was injured.
PennDOT Supervisor Don Redman from Fayette County District Office 12-0 said only a small amount of debris fell onto the roadway, large boulders on top of the hill may be unstable.
The road will remain closed until geotechnical crews determine that the slide is stable and debris can be cleared, PennDOT said. Motorists should use Route 201 and Interstate 70 as a detour.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Man robbed, shot in East Liberty
- Police investigate 2 shootings in Washington County, one of them fatal
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Script is it: Classic Pitt helmet design to return
- Fire at Flight 93 National Memorial hints at struggle to safeguard historic artifacts
- Fábregas: Cancer-stricken California woman chooses to plan her death
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend
- Pitt puts focus to test in jumbled ACC Coastal race
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Predators winger Neal caught ‘blindsided’ by trade from Penguins