Rock slide closes Route 906 near Belle Vernon
A rock slide on Route 906 in Washington Township led Fayette County emergency personnel to close the road between the Fayette Road/West Side Street intersection and State Street in Belle Vernon.
A county 911 official said no one was injured.
PennDOT Supervisor Don Redman from Fayette County District Office 12-0 said only a small amount of debris fell onto the roadway, large boulders on top of the hill may be unstable.
The road will remain closed until geotechnical crews determine that the slide is stable and debris can be cleared, PennDOT said. Motorists should use Route 201 and Interstate 70 as a detour.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Healthy safety Mitchell is eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Knoch secures 1st WPIAL title by defeating defending champion West Allegheny
- Late goal gives Riverhounds victory over Tampa Bay in U.S. Open Cup
- Emergency crews search Youghiogheny River in Layton for Charleroi man
- One man found dead when fire sweeps through South Fayette apartment
- NFL notebook: Vikings coach delivers ultimatum to Peterson
- Pirates use big 7th inning to sweep Marlins, stretch winning streak to 6
- Plum teacher, held for trial, vows to fight witness intimidation charge
- Central Catholic downs Norwin to win 1st WPIAL baseball title
- Steelers notebook: Blake gets outside shot in nickel
- Ex-Blackhawk star pitcher McKay thriving on mound at Louisville