Rock slide closes Route 906 near Belle Vernon
Published: Wednesday, January 30, 2013, 2:16 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, January 31, 2013
A rock slide on Route 906 in Washington Township led Fayette County emergency personnel to close the road between the Fayette Road/West Side Street intersection and State Street in Belle Vernon.
A county 911 official said no one was injured.
PennDOT Supervisor Don Redman from Fayette County District Office 12-0 said only a small amount of debris fell onto the roadway, large boulders on top of the hill may be unstable.
The road will remain closed until geotechnical crews determine that the slide is stable and debris can be cleared, PennDOT said. Motorists should use Route 201 and Interstate 70 as a detour.
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Pirates’ bullpen falters in extra-inning loss to Astros
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Brown’s ‘Inferno’ puts Langdon through his paces
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Starkey: Robots over umps? Yes, please
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Paulk: Weather still an intangible at Indy
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.