Rock slide closes Route 906 near Belle Vernon
A rock slide on Route 906 in Washington Township led Fayette County emergency personnel to close the road between the Fayette Road/West Side Street intersection and State Street in Belle Vernon.
A county 911 official said no one was injured.
PennDOT Supervisor Don Redman from Fayette County District Office 12-0 said only a small amount of debris fell onto the roadway, large boulders on top of the hill may be unstable.
The road will remain closed until geotechnical crews determine that the slide is stable and debris can be cleared, PennDOT said. Motorists should use Route 201 and Interstate 70 as a detour.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Steelers notebook: Adams replaces concussed Gilbert
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Bortuzzo could provide much-needed physical presence for Penguins
- Jury selection for Ferrante trial begins today
- Allegheny Technologies reports $700,000 loss in 3Q
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’