Former Butler man charged with molesting children
Published: Thursday, January 31, 2013, 4:14 p.m.
Updated: Monday, February 4, 2013
A former Butler County man is awaiting extradition from New Mexico on more than 150 counts of sexual assault involving children.
Butler police this week charged Thomas W. Lehnerd, 50, with aggravated indecent assault, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, indecent assault and related charges. Lehnerd molested and performed sex acts on two females between late 1993 and 2008 when he lived in Butler, police said.
Police said they arrested Lehnerd in Deming, N.M., where he lives.
- K-9 patrol to return to Lower Burrell police force
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- Campus Clippings: Alle-Kiski players boost Allegheny College softball
- Take your seats, tots: Choices in potty seats abound
- Penguins notebook: Vitale a no-go
- Shooting blanks
- Goalie Anderson stands tall in Senators’ victory over Penguins
- Man attacked by dog in Carrick cemetery
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.