Bullet-riddled SUV found on West Carson Street; 2 hospitalized
By Bill Vidonic
Published: Friday, February 1, 2013, 6:52 a.m.
Updated: Friday, February 1, 2013
Investigators don't know whether two people shot while driving on the Parkway East knew their assailant, or what prompted the shooting, state police said Friday.
A woman, 32, and her male passenger, 29, were westbound on the parkway around 3:40 a.m. near the Second Avenue exit when a white SUV pulled alongside them and someone fired at the passenger side, police said.
Bullets struck both occupants, who were hospitalized in stable condition.
The SUV sped off and the woman drove across the Fort Pitt Bridge to Carson Street in the West End. They asked a friend to drive them to Magee-Womens Hospital in Oakland, said police, who did not release the victims' names.
Police found their abandoned Chevy Tahoe near the West End Bridge.
Police said they are looking for a pearl-colored 2002 to 2006 Cadillac Escalade that may have been involved and may have damage related to the incident.
The vehicle may be driven by a man who is not authorized to have it. The man, who is described as being 20, is known to frequent the West End and North Hills.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Pitt basketball team to play in Legends Classic
- Candidates begin frantic last hours of campaigning as polls open
- Penguins notebook: Jokinen’s faceoff skills may be needed
- Penguins Insider: Players’ focus in right place
- UPMC will cut 100 transcribers’ jobs
- Pittsburgh mayor’s race looks to be in the hands of only a few voters
- Blocked parking frustrates Squirrel Hll voters
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.