No one hurt in Clearfield Township house fire
Published: Friday, February 1, 2013, 7:40 a.m.
Updated: Friday, February 8, 2013
Firefighters battled flames at a house in Butler County on Friday morning.
Emergency dispatchers said the fire was reported at a home on Old Route 422 in Clearfield Township about 3:30 a.m.
Emergency crews at the scene said they don't believe anyone was inside the home when the blaze started.
“There was a contractor working inside. He said he heard a pop and went back to see. He noticed the back room was on fire, so he tried to extinguish it with no success,” fire official Kevin Hesidenz said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- Pirates waste strong Burnett start, fall again to Brewers at Miller Park
- Penguins notebook: Tickets for Eastern Conference final on sale today
- Pirates notebook: Bucs shut down injured Karstens
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- 16-year-old girl shot and killed on Rankin street
- Mix-up at poll could impact Freeport Area School Board race
- Cieply dedicating his career to cancer research
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.