No one hurt in Clearfield Township house fire
Firefighters battled flames at a house in Butler County on Friday morning.
Emergency dispatchers said the fire was reported at a home on Old Route 422 in Clearfield Township about 3:30 a.m.
Emergency crews at the scene said they don't believe anyone was inside the home when the blaze started.
“There was a contractor working inside. He said he heard a pop and went back to see. He noticed the back room was on fire, so he tried to extinguish it with no success,” fire official Kevin Hesidenz said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Homework: Pittsburgh Home Show to feature celebs, wine and pets
- Week before sentencing, Ferrante seeks acquittal or new trial
- McCord to plead guilty to federal charges from campaign fundraising
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- 2nd lawsuit filed against Gov. Wolf seeking reinstatement of open records director
- Pirates sign 2 to minor league deals
- Monessen woman dies in truck-car crash on Route 51 in Fayette County
- Pittsburgh mayor denies ethics investigation into his ‘Undercover Boss’ performance
- Civilians killed in fighting in separatist-held Donetsk, Ukraine
- Police say couple in Oakland murder-suicide had ‘troubled’ relationship
- Africans open new front in terror war