No one hurt in Clearfield Township house fire
Published: Friday, Feb. 1, 2013, 7:40 a.m.
Firefighters battled flames at a house in Butler County on Friday morning.
Emergency dispatchers said the fire was reported at a home on Old Route 422 in Clearfield Township about 3:30 a.m.
Emergency crews at the scene said they don't believe anyone was inside the home when the blaze started.
“There was a contractor working inside. He said he heard a pop and went back to see. He noticed the back room was on fire, so he tried to extinguish it with no success,” fire official Kevin Hesidenz said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Kovacevic: Enough of these Steelers already
- Penguins’ Orpik out; Neal to have phone hearing
- Penguins players are not out looking for fights
- Steelers WR Brown says ‘I thought I had it clean’ after wild, near-miss finish
- Likely loss of Steelers draft pick looms because of Tomlin misstep
- Cranberry woman wins Miss Pennsylvania USA pageant
- Multi-vehicle crash closes Route 22 in Murrysville
- Pitt to face MAC champ Bowling Green in Little Caesars Pizza Bowl
- Steelers’ NFL playoff hopes are all but gone in loss to Dolphins
- Defensive lapses against Dolphins outweigh positives for Steelers
- Allegheny, Beaver, Butler, Washington, Westmoreland counties weigh shale gas drilling on public land