No one hurt in Clearfield Township house fire
Firefighters battled flames at a house in Butler County on Friday morning.
Emergency dispatchers said the fire was reported at a home on Old Route 422 in Clearfield Township about 3:30 a.m.
Emergency crews at the scene said they don't believe anyone was inside the home when the blaze started.
“There was a contractor working inside. He said he heard a pop and went back to see. He noticed the back room was on fire, so he tried to extinguish it with no success,” fire official Kevin Hesidenz said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Parent finds body in parking lot of Stanton Heights elementary school, prompting lockdown
- Son charged in dismemberment death of Penn Hills couple
- Steelers lookahead: Chiefs’ Charles injured but remains dangerous threat
- Penguins testing Fleury, Maatta, Bortuzzo for mumps
- Squirrel Hill lawyer suspended from practicing until September
- Braddock man admits to role in drug ring
- Ex-Pittsburgh mayoral candidate back in jail
- Pitt coach Chryst expected to take Wisconsin job
- Penguins defenseman Letang having best season in new system
- Audit: Finances put future of Philly’s historic Cheyney University in doubt
- Pa. attorney general charges 10 in ‘massive fraud, kickback scheme’ at PennDOT