No one hurt in Clearfield Township house fire
Published: Friday, February 1, 2013, 7:40 a.m.
Updated: Friday, February 8, 2013
Firefighters battled flames at a house in Butler County on Friday morning.
Emergency dispatchers said the fire was reported at a home on Old Route 422 in Clearfield Township about 3:30 a.m.
Emergency crews at the scene said they don't believe anyone was inside the home when the blaze started.
“There was a contractor working inside. He said he heard a pop and went back to see. He noticed the back room was on fire, so he tried to extinguish it with no success,” fire official Kevin Hesidenz said.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Morsy scorned for appointment of ‘terrorist’
- Plan for Greensburg loft apartments receives approval
- Pitt research facility dedicated in Hill District
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.