Police charge teen with stabbing boy, 14, in Turtle Creek
By Jeremy Boren
Published: Friday, February 1, 2013, 9:52 a.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
A Turtle Creek teenager was stabbed in the abdomen during a fight over marijuana early Friday, according to Allegheny County Police.
Police charged Marc Daxavier Ely II, 18, of East McKeesport with one count of aggravated assault as a witness told county homicide detectives that he saw Ely stab Quentell Saunders-Salmon, 14, during a brawl outside the Oak Avenue home the boy shares with his mother, grandmother and two siblings, according to a criminal complaint.
Saunders-Salmon was taken to UPMC Mercy in Uptown, where was listed in stable condition. Ely is in the Allegheny County Jail awaiting arraignment.
Raheem White, 32, told police that he asked to ride last night in a station wagon with a group of young men that included Ely. They went to a 7-Eleven convenience store, where White bought a cigar he intended to use to smoke marijuana, police said.
The group dropped White off in front of the Oak Street home where he lives with his girlfriend, Saunders-Salmon's mother. White told police that the young men became upset when White did not share his marijuana with them.
Minutes later, someone broke the front window of the home and a fight ensued outside. Police arrived about 1:17 a.m.
White picked Ely's photo out of a lineup, identifying him as the person he saw stab the boy.
Jeremy Boren is a staff writer forTrib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7935 or email@example.com.
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Pirates notebook: Botched popup shocks Martin
- As yen falls, so does cost of products from Japan
- Brown’s ‘Inferno’ puts Langdon through his paces
- Quinoa Tabbouleh, a gluten-free take on a Middle Eastern classic
- Vandergrift dance studio adds faith to fundamentals
- Humans will retain key role in robot use
- Inhuman conditions
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Black or white or other? Lately the Trib has been making a point of telling the readers if a white person was the criminal , but why not black?