Police charge teen with stabbing boy, 14, in Turtle Creek
A Turtle Creek teenager was stabbed in the abdomen during a fight over marijuana early Friday, according to Allegheny County Police.
Police charged Marc Daxavier Ely II, 18, of East McKeesport with one count of aggravated assault as a witness told county homicide detectives that he saw Ely stab Quentell Saunders-Salmon, 14, during a brawl outside the Oak Avenue home the boy shares with his mother, grandmother and two siblings, according to a criminal complaint.
Saunders-Salmon was taken to UPMC Mercy in Uptown, where was listed in stable condition. Ely is in the Allegheny County Jail awaiting arraignment.
Raheem White, 32, told police that he asked to ride last night in a station wagon with a group of young men that included Ely. They went to a 7-Eleven convenience store, where White bought a cigar he intended to use to smoke marijuana, police said.
The group dropped White off in front of the Oak Street home where he lives with his girlfriend, Saunders-Salmon's mother. White told police that the young men became upset when White did not share his marijuana with them.
Minutes later, someone broke the front window of the home and a fight ensued outside. Police arrived about 1:17 a.m.
White picked Ely's photo out of a lineup, identifying him as the person he saw stab the boy.
Jeremy Boren is a staff writer forTrib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7935 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- First Amendment experts decry Plum authorities’ warning to students
- 3-judge panel in Montgomery County will hear Kane contempt case
- Pitt officially introduces Scott Barnes as athletic director
- Police arrest 2 men after shots fired in Perry South
- Pitt lands shooting guard from Coppin State
- Harrisburg priest named bishop of Greensburg diocese
- Driver of pickup truck dies following crash into New Kensington house
- Upper St. Clair lawyer pleads guilty to dealing in crack
- Kings Family Restaurants sold to California firm
- Dennis Bowman ends his weather career
- Leechburg man held for trial in fatal wreck