SWAT incident in Crafton Heights ends after four hours
Published: Friday, February 1, 2013, 1:44 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, February 2, 2013
A domestic incident that brought the Pittsburgh police SWAT team to Crafton Heights on Friday ended about four hours after it started.
“It is my understanding that the actor physically assaulted a female,” city police spokeswoman Diane Richard said. “The female was able to get out of the house and the male remained.“
Police were called to the house in the 1500 block of Crucible Street at 11:24 a.m. When they arrived, the man — who was believed to have a gun — refused to communicate with them, Richard said. Eventually, SWAT officers entered the home and found the man hiding in a refrigerator, Richard said.
The man, whose name was not released, was arrested and taken to the Allegheny County Jail.
- Ribbon, wristband solemn reminders for Penguins coach Bylsma
- Penguins GM Shero: ‘Whole idea’ was improvement during playoffs
- Key acquisitions have Penguins primed for run to Stanley Cup
- Robinson: Steelers rookie Wheaton could be impact receiver
- Veteran Clark envisions finishing career as a member of Steelers
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Penguins to face Bruins in Eastern Conference final
- Marijuana supporters rally at the Point
- Starkey: Pirates’ Huntington never looked so good
- Is gold’s fall Fed’s doing?
- Veteran CEOs find success in comeback role
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.