SWAT incident in Crafton Heights ends after four hours
A domestic incident that brought the Pittsburgh police SWAT team to Crafton Heights on Friday ended about four hours after it started.
“It is my understanding that the actor physically assaulted a female,” city police spokeswoman Diane Richard said. “The female was able to get out of the house and the male remained.“
Police were called to the house in the 1500 block of Crucible Street at 11:24 a.m. When they arrived, the man — who was believed to have a gun — refused to communicate with them, Richard said. Eventually, SWAT officers entered the home and found the man hiding in a refrigerator, Richard said.
The man, whose name was not released, was arrested and taken to the Allegheny County Jail.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- Hundreds mourn Pittsburgh trash collector killed by gunfire
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Leon Ford appeals traffic violation conviction to Superior Court
- North Catholic High School principal steps down
- 5 selected thus far for jury in Ferrante trial
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- Military commissary opening draws 400 visitors
- 12-year-old’s donated heart joins families, lets her memory live