SWAT incident in Crafton Heights ends after four hours
A domestic incident that brought the Pittsburgh police SWAT team to Crafton Heights on Friday ended about four hours after it started.
“It is my understanding that the actor physically assaulted a female,” city police spokeswoman Diane Richard said. “The female was able to get out of the house and the male remained.“
Police were called to the house in the 1500 block of Crucible Street at 11:24 a.m. When they arrived, the man — who was believed to have a gun — refused to communicate with them, Richard said. Eventually, SWAT officers entered the home and found the man hiding in a refrigerator, Richard said.
The man, whose name was not released, was arrested and taken to the Allegheny County Jail.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates say goodbye to veteran leaders Burnett, Ramirez
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- NFL notebook: Cardinals to stay in W.Va. ahead of Steelers game
- Opposing TEs Miller, Gates took differing paths to greatness
- State woos Kennametal with $1M in incentives to stay in Pa.
- Cole working to become Penguins’ next Martin on defense
- Pitt, WR Boyd look to break out against Virginia
- Gorman: WPIAL must answer with power move
- After another slow start, Greensburg Central Catholic defeats Leechburg
- Feds aim to bring Chinese military leaders to Pittsburgh for trial
- Rock Steelers Style, other fashion events team up for a good cause