SWAT incident in Crafton Heights ends after four hours
A domestic incident that brought the Pittsburgh police SWAT team to Crafton Heights on Friday ended about four hours after it started.
“It is my understanding that the actor physically assaulted a female,” city police spokeswoman Diane Richard said. “The female was able to get out of the house and the male remained.“
Police were called to the house in the 1500 block of Crucible Street at 11:24 a.m. When they arrived, the man — who was believed to have a gun — refused to communicate with them, Richard said. Eventually, SWAT officers entered the home and found the man hiding in a refrigerator, Richard said.
The man, whose name was not released, was arrested and taken to the Allegheny County Jail.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sabres hire Bylsma as coach; Penguins receive 3rd-round pick
- Penguins GM Rutherford ‘wouldn’t make’ Despres trade today
- Starkey: Kang story of the year for Pirates
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- Taliani’s 3 homers propel Deer Lakes to 2nd WPIAL softball title in 4 seasons
- Pirates pitching prospect Kingham undergoes Tommy John surgery
- I-79 work to cause lane restrictions through June 30
- Crews rescue worker trapped in Lawrenceville trench collapse
- Officer: Munhall driver in fatal crash was going too fast to make turn
- Man uninjured after leap from Hulton Bridge
- Man’s body found hours after disappearance on Youghiogheny River