SWAT incident in Crafton Heights ends after four hours
Published: Friday, February 1, 2013, 1:44 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, February 2, 2013
A domestic incident that brought the Pittsburgh police SWAT team to Crafton Heights on Friday ended about four hours after it started.
“It is my understanding that the actor physically assaulted a female,” city police spokeswoman Diane Richard said. “The female was able to get out of the house and the male remained.“
Police were called to the house in the 1500 block of Crucible Street at 11:24 a.m. When they arrived, the man — who was believed to have a gun — refused to communicate with them, Richard said. Eventually, SWAT officers entered the home and found the man hiding in a refrigerator, Richard said.
The man, whose name was not released, was arrested and taken to the Allegheny County Jail.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Judge: Stop feeding the voters
- Tea party protesters target Pittsburgh federal building
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Sheriff called to Sardis polling place over campaign literature
- Judge refuses to stop Wilkinsburg mayoral election over ballot complaint
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Turnout light across Western Pa. as voters hit polls
- Penguins notebook: Jokinen’s faceoff skills may be needed
- Photos: Quaker Valley prom offers night to remember
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.