Porches, stairs to be checked at North Side apartment complex
Published: Friday, February 1, 2013, 6:36 p.m.
Updated: Friday, February 1, 2013
The North Side woman who was injured when the porch and stairs from her second-floor apartment collapsed in the Allegheny Commons East complex remained hospitalized on Friday in critical condition at Allegheny General Hospital.
Apartment management has agreed to hire an engineer to find out what caused Thursday afternoon's collapse in which Annette Wade, 51, was injured, and to examine and determine the safety of all the porches and exterior stairs in the complex along East Ohio Street, said John S. Jennings, assistant chief of Pittsburgh's Bureau of Building Inspections.
“We are investigating the cause of this unfortunate incident, and fully cooperating with local officials,” according to a statement from WinnResidential, the property management company which is based in Boston. ”We will take all immediate steps necessary to address any issues and to safeguard the safety of residents and visitors at Allegheny Commons East.”
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Pitt’s McConnell-Serio adds sister to coaching staff
- Pirates notebook: Melancon relishes rare save opportunity
- Former Springdale police officer charged with drug possession, stealing badge
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Depretis earns nomination in Baldwin Borough mayor’s race
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.