Porches, stairs to be checked at North Side apartment complex
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Friday, Feb. 1, 2013, 6:36 p.m.
The North Side woman who was injured when the porch and stairs from her second-floor apartment collapsed in the Allegheny Commons East complex remained hospitalized on Friday in critical condition at Allegheny General Hospital.
Apartment management has agreed to hire an engineer to find out what caused Thursday afternoon's collapse in which Annette Wade, 51, was injured, and to examine and determine the safety of all the porches and exterior stairs in the complex along East Ohio Street, said John S. Jennings, assistant chief of Pittsburgh's Bureau of Building Inspections.
“We are investigating the cause of this unfortunate incident, and fully cooperating with local officials,” according to a statement from WinnResidential, the property management company which is based in Boston. ”We will take all immediate steps necessary to address any issues and to safeguard the safety of residents and visitors at Allegheny Commons East.”
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- ACC announces Pitt’s opponents for next 2 seasons; Powell signs with Dukes
- Steelers pick up defensive end Heyward’s option for 2015 season
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Pitcher Cueto shuts down Pirates as Reds cruise to victory at PNC
- Blue Jackets notebook: Columbus wants another crack at playing with lead