Clarion County man charged in scheme to obtain photos of naked children
Published: Friday, February 1, 2013, 5:14 p.m.
Updated: Friday, February 1, 2013
A Clarion County man was accused Friday of being involved in a modeling ruse to obtain naked pictures of children.
Shane Niederriter, 25, of Knox, is accused of using social media to pose as a modeling scout to solicit naked pictures from a woman with a 20-month-old daughter, investigators from the state Attorney General's Office said.
In one instance, investigators said, he contacted the woman via Facebook, told her he had seen a picture of her daughter, and asked for “bath time” or swimsuit photos of the child. The woman rejected the requests and contacted police.
Investigators obtained a search warrant for Niderriter's computer and said they found at least 19 photos and seven videos of minors engaging in sexual activity.
State investigators ask that anyone who believes they have been contacted by Niederriter call the Attorney General's Child Predator Unit at 1-800-385-1044.
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Pirates’ bullpen falters in extra-inning loss to Astros
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- High school notebook: Burrell girls 400 relay team is special group
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Gorman: Pitt hoops could soon have Western Pa. flavor
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Uniontown man killed in shooting
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.