Clarion County man charged in scheme to obtain photos of naked children
A Clarion County man was accused Friday of being involved in a modeling ruse to obtain naked pictures of children.
Shane Niederriter, 25, of Knox, is accused of using social media to pose as a modeling scout to solicit naked pictures from a woman with a 20-month-old daughter, investigators from the state Attorney General's Office said.
In one instance, investigators said, he contacted the woman via Facebook, told her he had seen a picture of her daughter, and asked for “bath time” or swimsuit photos of the child. The woman rejected the requests and contacted police.
Investigators obtained a search warrant for Niderriter's computer and said they found at least 19 photos and seven videos of minors engaging in sexual activity.
State investigators ask that anyone who believes they have been contacted by Niederriter call the Attorney General's Child Predator Unit at 1-800-385-1044.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pederson had to go at Pitt
- Penguins’ Fleury tests negative for mumps; Crosby skates with team
- Judge dismisses littering charge against City Council president Kraus
- Steelers, young and old, thirst for opportunity to reach the postseason
- Pederson’s 2nd tenure as the athletic director at Pitt comes to abrupt end
- Pittsburgh Public Schools adopts no-tax-increase budget for 2015
- Butler’s chief clerk files discrimination, retaliation complaint
- QB Smith is chief concern for Steelers’ defense
- Public Utility Commission grants Lyft license to operate
- Armstrong man dies in single-vehicle crash
- Demolition project at Oliver’s Pourhouse in Greensburg moves ahead