Clarion County man charged in scheme to obtain photos of naked children
A Clarion County man was accused Friday of being involved in a modeling ruse to obtain naked pictures of children.
Shane Niederriter, 25, of Knox, is accused of using social media to pose as a modeling scout to solicit naked pictures from a woman with a 20-month-old daughter, investigators from the state Attorney General's Office said.
In one instance, investigators said, he contacted the woman via Facebook, told her he had seen a picture of her daughter, and asked for “bath time” or swimsuit photos of the child. The woman rejected the requests and contacted police.
Investigators obtained a search warrant for Niderriter's computer and said they found at least 19 photos and seven videos of minors engaging in sexual activity.
State investigators ask that anyone who believes they have been contacted by Niederriter call the Attorney General's Child Predator Unit at 1-800-385-1044.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Virginia GOP Senate candidate Gillespie piles up mileage in pursuit of Warner
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Cardinals grab victory over pitcher Cole, Pirates with a late rally
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Pittsburgh police force’s diversity worsens since ACLU filed discrimination lawsuit in 2012
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds