Clarion County man charged in scheme to obtain photos of naked children
A Clarion County man was accused Friday of being involved in a modeling ruse to obtain naked pictures of children.
Shane Niederriter, 25, of Knox, is accused of using social media to pose as a modeling scout to solicit naked pictures from a woman with a 20-month-old daughter, investigators from the state Attorney General's Office said.
In one instance, investigators said, he contacted the woman via Facebook, told her he had seen a picture of her daughter, and asked for “bath time” or swimsuit photos of the child. The woman rejected the requests and contacted police.
Investigators obtained a search warrant for Niderriter's computer and said they found at least 19 photos and seven videos of minors engaging in sexual activity.
State investigators ask that anyone who believes they have been contacted by Niederriter call the Attorney General's Child Predator Unit at 1-800-385-1044.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police: Suspect wanted in fatal state trooper ambush captured
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game cancelled
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Defense witness testifies on video, absent jurors, of cyanide alternatives
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- Building collapses in Connellsville; mounds of debris land in street
- Traffic stop near home leads to drug charges for 3 Monongahela residents
- Police: 2 anti-violence organizers beat ex-roomie in Washington
- State trooper struck by SUV in Westmoreland faces more surgery, long recovery
- Unaccompanied immigrants put heavy strain on schools, charities
- Gorman: For Bethel Park, the worst road trip in WPIAL playoffs