Clarion County man charged in scheme to obtain photos of naked children
A Clarion County man was accused Friday of being involved in a modeling ruse to obtain naked pictures of children.
Shane Niederriter, 25, of Knox, is accused of using social media to pose as a modeling scout to solicit naked pictures from a woman with a 20-month-old daughter, investigators from the state Attorney General's Office said.
In one instance, investigators said, he contacted the woman via Facebook, told her he had seen a picture of her daughter, and asked for “bath time” or swimsuit photos of the child. The woman rejected the requests and contacted police.
Investigators obtained a search warrant for Niderriter's computer and said they found at least 19 photos and seven videos of minors engaging in sexual activity.
State investigators ask that anyone who believes they have been contacted by Niederriter call the Attorney General's Child Predator Unit at 1-800-385-1044.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Bird flu ravaging commercial flocks remains mysterious
- Kaboly: Steelers fill biggest needs by drafting defensive players
- Marathon takes over streets of Pittsburgh
- Kennywood to review park security, following fight
- Kennywood Park opening day ends early because of disruptive crowd
- Santucci repeats as Pittsburgh Marathon winner; Njoroge wins men’s race
- Remains discovered in Beaver County park
- Accident, backup closes eastbound lanes of turnpike
- Jeannette man killed in Hempfield crash
- Penn State tight end James, a South Allegheny grad, goes to Steelers in 5th round
- In Pittsburgh, racial strife simmers in uneasy calm