Sheriff's deputies find $400K of heroin in Kennedy motel room
Deputies arrested two men from New Jersey in a Kennedy motel room where investigators found about $400,000 worth of heroin, Allegheny County Sheriff William P. Mullen said Friday.
Santino H. Drew, 35, and Thomas M. Martinez, 34, both from Brunswick, were charged with a variety of drug crimes when sheriff's deputies developed enough information to obtain a warrant to search their room at the Comfort Inn along Steubenville Pike, Mullen said.
Deputies and local police found approximately 26,000 stamp bags — or 520 bricks — of heroin when they searched the room on Thursday, Mullen said.
Drew and Martinez are in the county jail to await a preliminary hearing scheduled for Tuesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- ‘Last of the downtown mansions’ demolished in McKeesport
- 1 intruder killed, another injured in Carrick home invasion
- Standoff ends with Fayette City man’s suicide
- Moody’s downgrades Pa. rating; Corbett ponders pension reform session
- UPMC McKeesport president reiterates hospital will remain open
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- McCandless residents voice opposition to Wal-Mart plan
- Ukrainian festival will go on in McKees Rocks despite crisis in homeland
- Derry Township assault suspect arrested
- PNC Park concert prompts officials to make changes