Sheriff's deputies find $400K of heroin in Kennedy motel room
Deputies arrested two men from New Jersey in a Kennedy motel room where investigators found about $400,000 worth of heroin, Allegheny County Sheriff William P. Mullen said Friday.
Santino H. Drew, 35, and Thomas M. Martinez, 34, both from Brunswick, were charged with a variety of drug crimes when sheriff's deputies developed enough information to obtain a warrant to search their room at the Comfort Inn along Steubenville Pike, Mullen said.
Deputies and local police found approximately 26,000 stamp bags — or 520 bricks — of heroin when they searched the room on Thursday, Mullen said.
Drew and Martinez are in the county jail to await a preliminary hearing scheduled for Tuesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Police end standoff with New Kensington man
- Narduzzi set to begin more critical evaluations during Pitt football spring drills
- Hays eagle egg watch continues
- North Buffalo man charged with distributing child porn
- Freshman arrested in Burrell High School bomb threat
- Tenebrae returns for Connellsville’s St. Rita Roman Catholic Church
- Calm dad known for work ethic, culinary skills
- Connellsville church collects goods, money for the needy
- Pittsburgh angles to keep Heinz headquarters in merger