Sheriff’s deputies find $400K of heroin in Kennedy motel room
Published: Friday, February 1, 2013, 4:53 p.m.
Updated: Friday, February 1, 2013
Deputies arrested two men from New Jersey in a Kennedy motel room where investigators found about $400,000 worth of heroin, Allegheny County Sheriff William P. Mullen said Friday.
Santino H. Drew, 35, and Thomas M. Martinez, 34, both from Brunswick, were charged with a variety of drug crimes when sheriff's deputies developed enough information to obtain a warrant to search their room at the Comfort Inn along Steubenville Pike, Mullen said.
Deputies and local police found approximately 26,000 stamp bags — or 520 bricks — of heroin when they searched the room on Thursday, Mullen said.
Drew and Martinez are in the county jail to await a preliminary hearing scheduled for Tuesday.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Senators captain Alfredsson clarifies comments following Game 4
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Golden opportunity awaits
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Ambridge, North Allegheny defend WPIAL volleyball championships
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Penguins notebook: Bylsma likes response to adversity
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- 87-year-old woman loses to Trump in civil case
- West Mifflin softball shifts focus to consolation game
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.