Man found dead in Monroeville motel is identified
The Allegheny Medical Examiner's office Saturday identified an Erie man found dead in a Monroeville motel.
Lamont Sidney, 39, was found in East Exit Motel on Route 22, located between the Turnpike on-ramp and #1 Cochran of Monroeville car dealership.
An autopsy on Sidney was done Saturday, but the cause and manner of his death are pending toxicological studies. Police said they did not see any gunshot or knife wounds.
Police towed a white SUV from the motel parking lot, but police would not confirm if it had belonged to Sidney.
Monroeville's animal control officer is caring for two puppies that were removed from the room.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh hires consultant, former Wisconsin police captain as chief
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Tomlin: Steelers preparing to face both Browns QBs
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- On-off ramps on southbound Interstate 79 from Carnegie slated for two-day closure
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Cardinal Wuerl school opens with 286 students
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges