Man found dead in Monroeville motel is identified
The Allegheny Medical Examiner's office Saturday identified an Erie man found dead in a Monroeville motel.
Lamont Sidney, 39, was found in East Exit Motel on Route 22, located between the Turnpike on-ramp and #1 Cochran of Monroeville car dealership.
An autopsy on Sidney was done Saturday, but the cause and manner of his death are pending toxicological studies. Police said they did not see any gunshot or knife wounds.
Police towed a white SUV from the motel parking lot, but police would not confirm if it had belonged to Sidney.
Monroeville's animal control officer is caring for two puppies that were removed from the room.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Cancer didn’t stop mother from living for her son
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- No. 15 San Diego State hammers Pitt, 74-57
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- Suspect in Route 28 death has long history of ignoring vehicle registration, license laws, records show
- Fall fly-by: Blue Angels stop in Unity to discuss 2015 show