Pittsburgh police probe shooting in Homewood
A man was shot several times Sunday afternoon during an apparent robbery in Point Breeze North, authorities said.
Calls came in shortly after 1 p.m. for a male in the 600 block of Homewood Avenue with multiple gunshot wounds to the stomach, suffered in what might have been a robbery, according to Allegheny County 911 dispatchers.
The man was taken to a local hospital; his condition was not released. The investigation is ongoing.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Clues to Chief Justice John Roberts’ thinking on new ObamaCare case
- Pirates trade Davis to A’s for international signing bonus money
- Pitt notebook: Chryst keeps Panthers motivated amid adversity
- North Side rowhouse burns, no injuries
- Police seek missing Penn Hills man
- U.S. proposes extending talks with Iran as pessimism about nuclear deal grows
- Reality-based networks reaching into scripted TV
- 1879 Founders’ Circle Dinner gives preview of Sigo Falk Collections Center
- Lawrenceville boutique owners hope it’s lucky Number Fourteen
- Pop Culture Q&A: TLC’s ‘Little Couple,’ TNT’s ‘Last Ship’ both slated to return
- Festive evening salutes Salvation Army’s good works