Pittsburgh police probe shooting in Homewood
Published: Sunday, February 3, 2013, 1:40 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
A man was shot several times Sunday afternoon during an apparent robbery in Point Breeze North, authorities said.
Calls came in shortly after 1 p.m. for a male in the 600 block of Homewood Avenue with multiple gunshot wounds to the stomach, suffered in what might have been a robbery, according to Allegheny County 911 dispatchers.
The man was taken to a local hospital; his condition was not released. The investigation is ongoing.
- Jack Wagner concedes to Pittsburgh mayoral challenger Bill Peduto
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Penguins notebook: Morrow leaves practice with injury
- Child killed in East Hills shooting
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Senators notebook: Pens' Crosby has defensive shadows
- Pirates notebook: Penguins jerseys in fashion for road trip
- Suicide stuns visitors to Notre Dame Cathedral
- Food haulers targeted by police, ag inspectors
- Small ball sends North Allegheny to finals
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.