Carrick woman dies after being struck by car
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013, 1:22 p.m.
A Carrick woman hit by a car while crossing the street on Friday has died, authorities said.
Patricia Meinke, 59, died Monday night at 7 p.m. at UPMC Mercy Hospital, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office.
Meinke was hit by a car at 8:15 a.m. Friday as she was walking on Brownsville near East Woodford Avenue. She was taken to the hospital after she was hit and injured.
Pittsburgh police are investigating the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Analysis: Kesler remains on Penguins’ radar as Shero looks bring back ‘Big 3’ formula
- Starkey: Steelers know when to say goodbye
- Penguins GM Shero’s deadline deals: Addition by subtraction
- Pirates’ big risk with pitch-heavy draft focus might soon pay off
- Ex-Colts executive Polian: Approach free agency with caution
- Penguins minor league report: Defenseman Dumoulin optimistic for home stretch
- With so many needs, Steelers can ill afford to miss in draft
- Steelers defense doesn’t make the grade in 2013 review
- Ukrainians steel to resist Russian aggression
- Kids turning attention to archery in record numbers
- Fashion essentials: Pittsburgh’s style watchers tell what they can’t live without