Carrick woman dies after being struck by car
A Carrick woman hit by a car while crossing the street on Friday has died, authorities said.
Patricia Meinke, 59, died Monday night at 7 p.m. at UPMC Mercy Hospital, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office.
Meinke was hit by a car at 8:15 a.m. Friday as she was walking on Brownsville near East Woodford Avenue. She was taken to the hospital after she was hit and injured.
Pittsburgh police are investigating the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul
- Ross brothers ordered to pay fine, remove debris from Christmas display
- Testing legs, giving backup goalie a chance are Penguins’ priorities
- Justice blames feud for his ouster; chief of court admits he did seek to remove him
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- Calgon Carbon poised for explosive growth
- Injured Pitt center Rowell plays well-rounded role on campus
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Social Security benefits to go up by 1.7 percent
- Penguins notebook: Newcomers get 1st taste of rivalry with Flyers