Carrick woman dies after being struck by car
Published: Tuesday, February 5, 2013, 1:22 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 5, 2013
A Carrick woman hit by a car while crossing the street on Friday has died, authorities said.
Patricia Meinke, 59, died Monday night at 7 p.m. at UPMC Mercy Hospital, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office.
Meinke was hit by a car at 8:15 a.m. Friday as she was walking on Brownsville near East Woodford Avenue. She was taken to the hospital after she was hit and injured.
Pittsburgh police are investigating the accident.
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Pirates beat Cubs, 4-2, to finish homestand with sweep
- Penguins notebook: Bylsma likes response to adversity
- Tsarnaev’s role in triple slayings examined
- Judicial nominee wins easy approval
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Pirates notebook: Melancon relishes rare save opportunity
- Utah teen held in deaths of brothers
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.