Carrick woman dies after being struck by car
A Carrick woman hit by a car while crossing the street on Friday has died, authorities said.
Patricia Meinke, 59, died Monday night at 7 p.m. at UPMC Mercy Hospital, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office.
Meinke was hit by a car at 8:15 a.m. Friday as she was walking on Brownsville near East Woodford Avenue. She was taken to the hospital after she was hit and injured.
Pittsburgh police are investigating the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Century III Mall’s Sears on track to close Dec. 7
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Obama administration announces plan to limit smog-forming ozone
- Black Friday trends, tactics change, but Americans still love bargains
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Allegheny County Council wants to hike members’ $3K expense accounts
- Youngwood gets 1st full-size grocery in nearly 20 years
- Penguins GM prepares for emotional series against Carolina
- McKeesport’s Davis is vice chair of county Dem party
- Parade to start off Winterfest in Glassport