Carrick woman dies after being struck by car
A Carrick woman hit by a car while crossing the street on Friday has died, authorities said.
Patricia Meinke, 59, died Monday night at 7 p.m. at UPMC Mercy Hospital, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office.
Meinke was hit by a car at 8:15 a.m. Friday as she was walking on Brownsville near East Woodford Avenue. She was taken to the hospital after she was hit and injured.
Pittsburgh police are investigating the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Pirates acquire infielder from Indians, designate Axford, Gomez for assignment
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Project 15206 finds goals for rain
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Fábregas: Cancer-stricken California woman chooses to plan her death
- Freeport man accused of having child pornography images
- Man arrested after showing up at hospital with gunshot wounds
- Penguins look to buck shots, goals trend
- Foundation arranges free maid service for women with cancer
- Now’s the time to plant bulbs —including alliums —in your garden