Carnegie woman dies after being hit by car in Uptown
A Carnegie woman hit by a car when she crossed a street in Uptown died early Tuesday, authorities said.
Anna Chaido, 96, was walking across Forbes Avenue near Jumonville Street at 8:26 a.m. Monday when she was hit by a vehicle, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office.
She died at UPMC Presbyterian hospital at 3:50 a.m. An autopsy for Chaido is scheduled for Tuesday.
Pittsburgh police are investigating the accident.
Rick Wills is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7944 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Newcomers get 1st taste of rivalry with Flyers
- Allegheny County committee to hear about Ebola readiness
- Penn State notebook: Dieffenbach might return to help Lions’ offensive line
- Steelers dial up 2-point play for Brown’s TD toss
- 12 selected for jury in Ferrante cyanide-poisoning trial
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Injured Pitt center Rowell plays well-rounded role on campus
- Stocks rally; S&P 500 has best day of 2014
- Expert: Stress level rises for Americans who forfeit vacation
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students
- NATO chases Russian aircraft