Boyce snow tubing area reopens Tuesday afternoon
Boyce Park's snow tubing area reopened Tuesday, after being closed last week.
The Allegheny County Parks Department closed Boyce's ski slopes and tubing area Wednesday because ice, rain and sleet created poor conditions, county spokesman Kevin Evanto said. The ski slopes reopened Friday.
For more information, visit www.alleghenycounty.us/parks/fees/ski.aspx. Snow conditions are available 24 hours a day by calling 724-733-4665.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Burnett pitches well in farewell, but Pirates lose to Reds
- Steelers cut Scobee, sign free agent kicker Boswell
- Kessel addition, better health could have Pens scoring like it’s 1990s
- Are Pirates better positioned to win it all this postseason?
- New book credits Nunn for Steelers’ 1970s success
- Review: Nrityagram brings Indian tradition to bold life in Pittsburgh Dance Council season-opener
- Pitt holds off Virginia Tech in ACC opener
- Pirates fans on edge as season again coming down to wild card
- Penguins at a glance entering 2015-16 season
- Shaler man charged in death of girl, 6, not prosecuted in repeated alcohol cases
- Pittsburgh to spend $5M in private money to gird for natural disasters, improve infrastructure