Boyce snow tubing area reopens Tuesday afternoon
Published: Tuesday, Feb. 5, 2013, 2:04 p.m.
Boyce Park's snow tubing area reopened Tuesday, after being closed last week.
The Allegheny County Parks Department closed Boyce's ski slopes and tubing area Wednesday because ice, rain and sleet created poor conditions, county spokesman Kevin Evanto said. The ski slopes reopened Friday.
For more information, visit www.alleghenycounty.us/parks/fees/ski.aspx. Snow conditions are available 24 hours a day by calling 724-733-4665.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pitt’s Donald sweeps Outland, Bednarik awards, named All-American
- Penguins notebook: Popularity with female fans brings test event to Consol
- NFL notebook: Bears QB Cutler to return Sunday vs. Cleveland
- Treat cyber schools fairly
- Industrial past inspires Fairmont’s ‘Garden of Titans’ holiday tree
- Fashion FYI: Trunk shows opening up in Pittsburgh
- District college notes: Hempfield grad earns NAIA Award
- Plenty of gifts in store at holiday jazz concert
- The ObamaCare fight: It’s far from over
- Concert promoter’s book shares 40 years of music memories, trade secrets, celeb antics
- Westmoreland County school children could use some more ‘Lunch Buddies’