Boyce snow tubing area reopens Tuesday afternoon
Boyce Park's snow tubing area reopened Tuesday, after being closed last week.
The Allegheny County Parks Department closed Boyce's ski slopes and tubing area Wednesday because ice, rain and sleet created poor conditions, county spokesman Kevin Evanto said. The ski slopes reopened Friday.
For more information, visit www.alleghenycounty.us/parks/fees/ski.aspx. Snow conditions are available 24 hours a day by calling 724-733-4665.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Clemson’s Stoudt is one of the unheralded ACC QBs trying to break out
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- Latrobe’s Ci Medical Technologies transforms to medical device business
- TSA fee increase this week arrives with load of complaints
- Grads’ starting salaries way behind average
- Derry Township assault suspect arrested
- Moody’s downgrades Pa. rating; Corbett ponders pension reform session
- Dodgers rough up rusty starter Volquez, knock off Pirates at PNC Park
- Shenango asks judge to dismiss suit by environmental group
- McCandless residents voice opposition to Wal-Mart plan