Western Pa. municipalities win grants for K-9 programs
Eight Western Pennsylvania communities will receive a total of $66,400 in grants from the Ben Roethlisberger Foundation through the The Giving Back Fund for K-9 purchases or training.
Kittanning, Center (Beaver County), Aliquippa, Clairton, Latrobe, Mt. Pleasant, New Castle and Robinson will start K-9 programs or buy dogs with the money, or use it to pay for safety vests, training equipment, food and expenses.
Since 2007, the foundation has awarded more than $950,000 to 102 police and fire departments and five youth organizations.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Snow, freezing rain, bitter cold coming to Western Pa.
- Starkey: Pitt needs this version of James Robinson
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- Westmoreland museum spotlights artist John Kane’s late-in-life fame
- Familiar Downtown Pittsburgh presence lost arm, leg to train
- Penguins minor league notebook: Rookie Wilson emerges as 3rd-line NHL prospect
- Pitt upsets No. 8 Notre Dame to snap losing streak
- Penguins notebook: Malkin could return Wednesday at Edmonton