Western Pa. municipalities win grants for K-9 programs
By Bill Vidonic
Published: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 6:56 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
Eight Western Pennsylvania communities will receive a total of $66,400 in grants from the Ben Roethlisberger Foundation through the The Giving Back Fund for K-9 purchases or training.
Kittanning, Center (Beaver County), Aliquippa, Clairton, Latrobe, Mt. Pleasant, New Castle and Robinson will start K-9 programs or buy dogs with the money, or use it to pay for safety vests, training equipment, food and expenses.
Since 2007, the foundation has awarded more than $950,000 to 102 police and fire departments and five youth organizations.
- Pens’ Shero talks with Letang’s agent
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Bethel Park offensive lineman Grimm picks Pitt
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pitt adds defensive recruit from Philadelphia
- Worker hurt on East Ohio Street bridge
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Pittsburgh Council rejects expansion of Mexican War Streets historic district
- Judge: Murrysville man deserves jail time for collecting child porn, threatening postal inspector
- FedEx 4Q profit drops as economic growth is weak
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.