Western Pa. municipalities win grants for K-9 programs
Eight Western Pennsylvania communities will receive a total of $66,400 in grants from the Ben Roethlisberger Foundation through the The Giving Back Fund for K-9 purchases or training.
Kittanning, Center (Beaver County), Aliquippa, Clairton, Latrobe, Mt. Pleasant, New Castle and Robinson will start K-9 programs or buy dogs with the money, or use it to pay for safety vests, training equipment, food and expenses.
Since 2007, the foundation has awarded more than $950,000 to 102 police and fire departments and five youth organizations.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Acme man’s ephemeral sculptures appear to defy laws of physics
- Rossi: After L.A., NFL should tread carefully
- Oncologists wary of scaled-back guidelines in cancer screenings
- Cal (Pa.) softball loses slugfest; season comes to an end
- Early success in White House race a pleasant surprise for Carson
- Posthumous election wins have happened in Western Pa., nation
- Neighbor arrested after McKeesport house fire, authorities say
- Starter Liriano strikes out 12, leads Pirates to series sweep of Mets
- 4 dogs found dead in Beechview home; woman charged
- Saudi King Salman vows retribution for suicide attack on mosque
- Memorial Day service in National Cemetery of the Alleghenies still growing