Hoax call leads police to swarm home in Peters
A hoax led police officers to surround a Peters home on Wednesday.
A woman who called 911 indicated a person was shot in a home along Justabout Road, said Peters police Chief Harry Fruecht. Officers from Peters, Cecil and state police surrounded the house.
Soon after, the homeowner arrived and told police an estranged female relative left him a voice mail indicating she planned to place a phony call. Officers searched the home and found it undisturbed.
Officers were preparing a warrant for the woman, whom Fruecht would not identify. He would not say what charges she would face.
Rachel Weaver is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-320-7948 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Casey calling for Medicare Part B freeze
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- McKeesport, school district shore up safety at dangerous intersection
- West Mifflin Area to celebrate newest graduate’s life, legacy
- Mon River Fleet honors 2015 Women of Achievement
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- A field day on social media as Pirates’ Rodriguez attacks Gatorade cooler
- Environmental watchdog sues world’s largest steelmaker over Pennsylvania pollution
- Clerical error blamed as Armstrong inmate is released