Hoax call leads police to swarm home in Peters
By Rachel Weaver
Published: Wednesday, February 6, 2013, 6:00 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 6, 2013
A hoax led police officers to surround a Peters home on Wednesday.
A woman who called 911 indicated a person was shot in a home along Justabout Road, said Peters police Chief Harry Fruecht. Officers from Peters, Cecil and state police surrounded the house.
Soon after, the homeowner arrived and told police an estranged female relative left him a voice mail indicating she planned to place a phony call. Officers searched the home and found it undisturbed.
Officers were preparing a warrant for the woman, whom Fruecht would not identify. He would not say what charges she would face.
Rachel Weaver is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-320-7948 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kovacevic: Why did Pens even get Iginla?
- Voters have plethora of hopefuls to pick from
- Kiski Area School District focuses on security
- Plum assault suspect back in jail
- Highlands School Board member to remain as coach
- Improved depth could drive Pirates’ fortunes deep into season
- Coach Tomlin, Steelers facing plenty of questions as OTAs start
- P. Hills promotes officers, honors others for service
- Penguins’ breakdown on Alfredsson goal changes series
- Pittsburgh mayor’s race looks to be in the hands of only a few voters
- Cooke has been steadying force for Penguins in playoffs
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.