Water line repairs cut West Liberty Avenue to one lane
A water main break on West Liberty Avenue narrowed traffic to one inbound lane near its intersection with Route 51.
The break occurred Thursday morning. Crews repaired the line and restored water service, but road repairs will keep the lane closed through Friday, said Pennsylvania American Water spokeswoman Josephine Posti.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- LaBar: Extreme Rules was entertaining and smart
- Traveling amateur organists entertain fellow seniors with oldies music
- Reports grim for Pennsylvania’s state-run veterans homes
- Forbes Avenue jeweler’s embedded sidewalk sign safely slides out to make way for Pittsburgh Playhouse project
- Westmoreland County municipalities push to clean up litter, dumps
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Senior at Pittsburgh’s CAPA school focuses spotlight on homeless students
- Route 217 bridge work about to start in Derry Borough
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Lawyers donate thousands of dollars to Pennsylvania Supreme Court race
- ‘Doc Hope’ eases into retirement from West Newton veterinary clinic