Parties endorse candidates for Superior Court seat
By Mike Wereschagin
Published: Saturday, February 9, 2013, 3:30 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Cumberland County lawyer Vic Stabile and Philadelphia Municipal Judge Joe Waters won the endorsements of the Republican and Democratic parties, respectively, for Superior Court on Saturday.
Waters, 59, beat Allegheny County Airport Authority Solicitor Mike Wojcik 199 to 62 at the Democrats' annual meeting in Hershey.
Stabile, 55, beat Bethel Park lawyer Rob Wyda for the GOP nod at the party's annual winter meeting in Harrisburg. Republicans also re-elected Rob Gleason as chairman and Joyce Haas as vice chairwoman.
The Superior Court seat is the only statewide office on the ballot this year. The primary is May 21.
Mike Wereschagin is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7900 or email@example.com.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Seattle-area bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Harrison’s Heights Plaza Shopping Center looking to bounce back
- 2 arrested after UK fighter jet scrambles to divert civilian plane
- Pirates beat Cubs, 4-2, to finish homestand with sweep
- Pens will unveil even bigger TV screen for fans in Game 5
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.