Parties endorse candidates for Superior Court seat
Cumberland County lawyer Vic Stabile and Philadelphia Municipal Judge Joe Waters won the endorsements of the Republican and Democratic parties, respectively, for Superior Court on Saturday.
Waters, 59, beat Allegheny County Airport Authority Solicitor Mike Wojcik 199 to 62 at the Democrats' annual meeting in Hershey.
Stabile, 55, beat Bethel Park lawyer Rob Wyda for the GOP nod at the party's annual winter meeting in Harrisburg. Republicans also re-elected Rob Gleason as chairman and Joyce Haas as vice chairwoman.
The Superior Court seat is the only statewide office on the ballot this year. The primary is May 21.
Mike Wereschagin is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- New Florence assistant fire chief charged with having sex with juvenile
- Steelers QB Roethlisberger not targeting Oct. 25 return
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not worried about Jones’ lack of sacks
- Penguins rally in wake of Dupuis injury
- Wolf still seeking to raise income tax, impose tax on shale-gas drilling
- Rossi: Time for Pirates to take next step
- Dictionary distribution gives 3rd-graders taste of old-school
- How the Pirates put together another postseason contender
- Fans connect with their beloved Pirates through homemade signs
- Gather up the family for spooky stories in Ford City
- Woman testifies about alleged sex assault in Arnold