Woman runs over the father of her child in Larimer, says she didn’t mean to hurt him
Published: Friday, February 8, 2013, 5:05 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, February 9, 2013
Pittsburgh police arrested a woman accused of running over the father of her children in Larimer.
Police on Friday charged Damona Anderson, 39, of East Pittsburgh with aggravated assault and robbery.
Someone called 911 just before midnight Thursday to say a man had been hit by a car at Frankstown Avenue and Paulson Street. A witness told police Anderson bumped Dwan Jones with a minivan as he tried to flag down a bus on Frankstown Avenue, then hit him again, knocking him to the ground. Anderson then drove over Jones with the front driver's side tire on Jones' chest.
Anderson backed off of Jones' body, got out of the van and grabbed money from his hand, and then drove away, the witness told police.
She returned to the scene as police arrived and told officers, ‘That's my baby's daddy, I love him, I didn't meant to hurt him,' according to a criminal complaint filed against Anderson.
Jones was taken to UPMC Presbyterian in critical condition. Anderson has a preliminary hearing scheduled for Feb. 14.
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
- Sewickley man dies in overnight motorcylce accident
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Gulf Tower ‘turns’ red over Pens goals
- Penguins notebook: Spezza will return for Senators in Game 3
- Alleged Washington County carjacker arrest at airport
- Pirates’ bullpen falters in extra-inning loss to Astros
- Automated teller machine fees up 20 percent in 5 years
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.