Woman runs over the father of her child in Larimer, says she didn't mean to hurt him
Pittsburgh police arrested a woman accused of running over the father of her children in Larimer.
Police on Friday charged Damona Anderson, 39, of East Pittsburgh with aggravated assault and robbery.
Someone called 911 just before midnight Thursday to say a man had been hit by a car at Frankstown Avenue and Paulson Street. A witness told police Anderson bumped Dwan Jones with a minivan as he tried to flag down a bus on Frankstown Avenue, then hit him again, knocking him to the ground. Anderson then drove over Jones with the front driver's side tire on Jones' chest.
Anderson backed off of Jones' body, got out of the van and grabbed money from his hand, and then drove away, the witness told police.
She returned to the scene as police arrived and told officers, ‘That's my baby's daddy, I love him, I didn't meant to hurt him,' according to a criminal complaint filed against Anderson.
Jones was taken to UPMC Presbyterian in critical condition. Anderson has a preliminary hearing scheduled for Feb. 14.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Liriano no ace, but he’s Bucs’ key
- 1 intruder killed, another injured in Carrick home invasion
- Derry Township assault suspect arrested
- Latrobe’s Ci Medical Technologies transforms to medical device business
- Squirrel Hill street that had been paved getting another pave job
- Moody’s downgrades Pa. rating; Corbett ponders pension reform session
- Ukrainian festival will go on in McKees Rocks despite crisis in homeland
- Clemson’s Stoudt is one of the unheralded ACC QBs trying to break out
- Pirates notebook: Polanco, Puig held out of series opener
- Tarentum Council will auction railway station
- Mercer restoration company turns junk into repurposed treasure