Victim to police in South Side: ‘I got stabbed in my dome piece’
Published: Friday, February 8, 2013, 5:34 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, February 9, 2013
Two women attacked three others with a steak knife and a stun gun at a South Side bar Thursday night, Pittsburgh police said.
Police charged Shanequa Smith, 23, of Arlington Heights and Jamie Walker, 26, of Mount Oliver, with aggravated assault, recklessly endangering another person and other crimes.
Police responding to a report of a fight at the Green Front Inn on East Carson Street about 10:10 p.m. found three women injured and several broken liquor bottles inside the establishment. The officers found Smith and Walker, who met the description of the attackers, at the CoGos on East Carson.
The bartender at the Green Front Inn told police Walker, armed with a knife, and Smith, armed with a stun gun, walked into the bar and headed toward three women, identified as Jaime Falconey, Jessica Tomasic and Jessica Cutter, according to court records filed in the case.
Falconey was stabbed on the left side of her neck and Tomasic had cuts and contusions near her right eye. Police said Cutter, who appeared to know Walker, had a stab wound to her head. Cutter told police, ‘I was tased and then I got stabbed in my dome piece,' according to a criminal complaint.
Walker and Smith have preliminary hearings scheduled for Wednesday.
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- Police: Drunk man escapes car hit by train in East Deer
- I-70 to reopen after crash in Westmoreland
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Chesapeake Energy names Anadarko executive as new CEO
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen scratched with soreness in right knee
- Penguins notebook: Vitale a no-go
- Mt. Washington's Grandview Avenue isn't looking so great these days
- Scandals vs. sway
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.