North Side man dies from fire injuries
The North Side man who was injured in a fire at his home died Friday, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Ronnie Mickle, 62, died at 1:37 p.m. in the burn unit of UPMC Mercy, Uptown, where he was taken following the fire that erupted Thursday night along Osgood Street in Fineview, the spokesman said. An autopsy is scheduled Saturday.
Pittsburgh firefighters were called to the home shortly before 10 p.m. and pulled Mickle from the basement of the two-story brick structure.
The flames were limited to the basement, Assistant Fire Chief Thomas Cook said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers use 3 late first-half TDs to stun Texans
- White Oak moves forward on community center
- Liberty hires 2 part-time police officers, honors another
- Rossi: Steelers’ season all about going big
- For all but 2 minutes vs. Steelers, Texans played ‘pretty good game’
- Kin of 2013 DUI crash victim in Hempfield lose young family in fire
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Demand for hazmat suits due to Ebola outbreak triples firm’s production
- Steelers-Texans game changers: Bell’s 43-yard catch provides spark
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras