North Side man dies from fire injuries
The North Side man who was injured in a fire at his home died Friday, a spokesman for the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Ronnie Mickle, 62, died at 1:37 p.m. in the burn unit of UPMC Mercy, Uptown, where he was taken following the fire that erupted Thursday night along Osgood Street in Fineview, the spokesman said. An autopsy is scheduled Saturday.
Pittsburgh firefighters were called to the home shortly before 10 p.m. and pulled Mickle from the basement of the two-story brick structure.
The flames were limited to the basement, Assistant Fire Chief Thomas Cook said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Elsie Hillman, philanthropist and one-time GOP powerhouse, dies at 89
- Murrysville oncologist says he had necessary permits to hunt, kill lion
- Westmoreland Co. businessman going to prison
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Say it ain’t so! Miss Piggy and Kermit split
- Perfect storm rains heroin, pain pills onto Mon Valley
- Rossi: Pirates foolish to bet on Burnett return
- Spirit ending nonstop flights from Arnold Palmer Regional to Chicago, Las Vegas
- Steelers notebook: No decision on surgery for rookie CB Golson
- Operating loss mounts at Highmark’s core hospital system
- Youngwood to purchase swing, table to satisfy state regulations