Juvenile shot in leg on the North Side
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Saturday, Feb. 9, 2013, 11:51 p.m.
A 16-year-old boy was taken to Allegheny General Hospital after being shot on the North Side on Saturday night, police said.
The victim, who police did not identify, was shot in the leg near his knee around 9:50 p.m. and was in fair condition. He was shot in the 2500 block of North Charles Street in Perry South.
No arrests have been made, and police issued no description of a suspect.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 10, Rays 5
- Robert Morris advances to NEC title game
- County confirms bacteria source of Northview Heights boy’s death
- Democratic leaders endorse Wolf for Governor
- Greensburg woman accused of assaulting nurse in Excela Health Westmoreland Hospital
- West Virginia withstands Wiggins’ 41 points, upsets No. 8 Kansas
- Fuel spill discovered on Loyalhanna Creek
- Real estate notes: Former J.C. Penney call center in Harmar sub-leased
- Trade to Penguins caps frenetic period for winger Stempniak
- 2 killed in Somerset County crash
- Penguins stave off Ducks’ shooting barrage to win in shootout