Room catches fire at Upper Hill District hotel
Pittsburgh firefighters responded to a fire in a fifth-floor room of an Upper Hill District hotel shortly after 11 p.m. Saturday.
Sprinklers at the Residence Inn on the 3800 block of Bigelow Boulevard extinguished the fire, and no one was injured, according to an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher.
A person who answered the phone at the hotel said only one room was evacuated.
The county's 911 center received the call at 11:06 and firefighters reported that the fire was out 15 minutes later.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Steelers should corner the market at NFL Draft
- Latrobe baseball routs Connellsville to move closer to WPIAL playoff berth
- 2 men hospitalized in seperate shootings in Pittsburgh
- Leechburg softball wins, ties WPIAL record with 29th consecutive playoff berth
- Most talent in NFL Draft play at Steelers’ positions of need
- BVA stadium upgrades OK’d
- Penguins’ Pouliot learns from rookie season
- Hammel, Cubs shut down Pirates, snapping 5-game winning streak
- Arnold, New Kensington drug busts net 2 arrests, heroin, cocaine, cash
- Monessen buys four heavy duty trucks
- Power outage planned in Mon City, Fallowfield areas