TribLIVE

| News

 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Room catches fire at Upper Hill District hotel

Email Newsletters

Click here to sign up for one of our email newsletters.

Daily Photo Galleries

Sunday, Feb. 10, 2013, 12:09 a.m.
 

Pittsburgh firefighters responded to a fire in a fifth-floor room of an Upper Hill District hotel shortly after 11 p.m. Saturday.

Sprinklers at the Residence Inn on the 3800 block of Bigelow Boulevard extinguished the fire, and no one was injured, according to an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher.

A person who answered the phone at the hotel said only one room was evacuated.

The county's 911 center received the call at 11:06 and firefighters reported that the fire was out 15 minutes later.

Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.

 

 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Stories

  1. Former Consol employee wins nearly $587K in ‘Mark of the Beast’ lawsuit
  2. Steelers rookie receiver Coates learning on the fly
  3. 4 arrested for allegedly robbing 96-year-old Crafton Heights woman
  4. State agents arrest Ford City man on child porn charges
  5. Allegheny County police charge man in fatal Homestead shooting
  6. Steelers notebook: Mitchell injures left ankle in practice
  7. Audit: Cheyney University failed to document student eligibility for nearly $30M in federal aid
  8. Deadly heroin was laced with fentanyl, district attorney says
  9. Clinton: Women ‘expect’ extremism from terrorists, not GOP candidates
  10. Sestito ready to fight for job on Penguins
  11. Veteran quarterback Vick is vowing to make Steelers proud