Room catches fire at Upper Hill District hotel
Pittsburgh firefighters responded to a fire in a fifth-floor room of an Upper Hill District hotel shortly after 11 p.m. Saturday.
Sprinklers at the Residence Inn on the 3800 block of Bigelow Boulevard extinguished the fire, and no one was injured, according to an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher.
A person who answered the phone at the hotel said only one room was evacuated.
The county's 911 center received the call at 11:06 and firefighters reported that the fire was out 15 minutes later.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- DVD reviews: ‘The Giver,’ ‘The Expendables 3’ and ‘What If’
- Firefighters extinguish fire that damages 6 cabs at Yellow Cab Co.
- Steelers notebook: Roethlisberger says Saints game is ‘must win’
- Canevin softball player Rittelmann chooses Wheeling Jesuit
- Boyce Park to open ski season Friday
- Starkey: Rutherford will add when timing’s right
- PIT wants non-passengers allowed past security to shop
- Prison phone cost to drop 70% in Pa.
- Police identify driver in North Side crash that killed pregnant woman
- Steelers’ backups Archer, Harris ready to run
- North Huntingdon restaurant owners want to ‘give you that little bit above and beyond’