Room catches fire at Upper Hill District hotel
Pittsburgh firefighters responded to a fire in a fifth-floor room of an Upper Hill District hotel shortly after 11 p.m. Saturday.
Sprinklers at the Residence Inn on the 3800 block of Bigelow Boulevard extinguished the fire, and no one was injured, according to an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher.
A person who answered the phone at the hotel said only one room was evacuated.
The county's 911 center received the call at 11:06 and firefighters reported that the fire was out 15 minutes later.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- RX Fit brings cross-training to Ford City
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Ford City explores beefing up code enforcement
- New Dayton food pantry sees more people each week
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers