Room catches fire at Upper Hill District hotel
Pittsburgh firefighters responded to a fire in a fifth-floor room of an Upper Hill District hotel shortly after 11 p.m. Saturday.
Sprinklers at the Residence Inn on the 3800 block of Bigelow Boulevard extinguished the fire, and no one was injured, according to an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher.
A person who answered the phone at the hotel said only one room was evacuated.
The county's 911 center received the call at 11:06 and firefighters reported that the fire was out 15 minutes later.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police at Uniontown solve 1970 cold case homicide of 17-year-old, but suspect has died
- PennDOT alerts drivers to numerous road closures due to flooding, debris
- Weather closes Penn State for first time in 8 years
- Shania’s first tour in 11 years includes Pittsburgh stop
- Artist born without arms, legs gives Hampton students peek into her world
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- Safety Vinopal, former teammates perform for NFL scouts at Pitt’s Pro Day
- Pitt’s Wright excelling in classroom