Room catches fire at Upper Hill District hotel
Published: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 12:09 a.m.
Updated: Sunday, February 10, 2013
Pittsburgh firefighters responded to a fire in a fifth-floor room of an Upper Hill District hotel shortly after 11 p.m. Saturday.
Sprinklers at the Residence Inn on the 3800 block of Bigelow Boulevard extinguished the fire, and no one was injured, according to an Allegheny County emergency dispatcher.
A person who answered the phone at the hotel said only one room was evacuated.
The county's 911 center received the call at 11:06 and firefighters reported that the fire was out 15 minutes later.
- NHL insider: Penguins’ Shero seems ready to move Letang
- Pitt gets commits from QB, local RB
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Morton, quick start propel Pirates past Reds
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Armstrong, StrongLand, Allegheny Valley chambers of commerce merging
- Plan for Greensburg loft apartments receives approval
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Police find burglary suspect’s cellphone at Brackenridge crime scene
- Senator: IRS to pay $70 million in employee bonuses
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.