Police: Three wounded in shooting on Bourbon Street
NEW ORLEANS - Police say three people have been shot on crowded Bourbon Street in New Orleans as revelers were partying during Mardi Gras.
New Orleans police spokesman Frank B. Robertson said two males and a female were shot just before 9:30 p.m. local time. He says one person is in critical condition and the other two are in stable condition. He did not release their ages.
Robertson says detectives are working vigorously to identify a suspect and determine a motive. He did not have any other details.
The streets were crawling with bar-hopping revelers as they celebrate the weekend before Fat Tuesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- Steelers notebook: Ben believes rookie WR Bryant can contribute
- Inside the ropes: Roethlisberger may have his big receiver
- Former Gateway coach Smith is ‘perfect fit’ for Penn State football staff
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle, Huntington on same page
- Pirates avert sweep with 7-5 victory over Rockies
- Home sellers are able to remain mum about violent crimes committed there
- Squirrel Hill Tunnel workers cope with speeders, exhaust fumes
- Construction of $500M power plant in South Huntingdon stalled