Police: Three wounded in shooting on Bourbon Street
NEW ORLEANS - Police say three people have been shot on crowded Bourbon Street in New Orleans as revelers were partying during Mardi Gras.
New Orleans police spokesman Frank B. Robertson said two males and a female were shot just before 9:30 p.m. local time. He says one person is in critical condition and the other two are in stable condition. He did not release their ages.
Robertson says detectives are working vigorously to identify a suspect and determine a motive. He did not have any other details.
The streets were crawling with bar-hopping revelers as they celebrate the weekend before Fat Tuesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Plum students protest orders to keep mum about sex cases
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Police arrest 2 after shots fired in North Side
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- McKees Rocks council president arrested after SWAT standoff
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Pitt AD Barnes has enjoyed varied career in college sports
- NASA head tells Pitt grads their generation will ‘walk the face of Mars’