Police: Three wounded in shooting on Bourbon Street
NEW ORLEANS - Police say three people have been shot on crowded Bourbon Street in New Orleans as revelers were partying during Mardi Gras.
New Orleans police spokesman Frank B. Robertson said two males and a female were shot just before 9:30 p.m. local time. He says one person is in critical condition and the other two are in stable condition. He did not release their ages.
Robertson says detectives are working vigorously to identify a suspect and determine a motive. He did not have any other details.
The streets were crawling with bar-hopping revelers as they celebrate the weekend before Fat Tuesday.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Electric versions of Asian rickshaw paves their way into U.S. market
- Cheap oil can hurt economy
- King gets surprise Late Model victory at Lernerville
- PennDOT puts final touches on Route 28 construction
- Graffiti points to rubble
- Cole outduels Mets rookie, carries Pirates to victory
- Roundup: Jefferson Hospital hit by data thief; Toyota promises to help find cause of Takata airbag defects; more
- Obama reaches out to Jewish community
- Natrona Heights native helped bring ‘American Ninja Warrior’ to Pittsburgh
- Lowly job likely awaits former Pittsburgh police chief after prison
- Lower Burrell Zoning Hearing Board to rule on Little League ballfield lights