Man shot, father arrested in Lower Burrell
An argument between a Lower Burrell man and his adult son ended with the father shooting the son on Sunday morning, police said.
Christopher Allias, 35, of 636 Kimball Ave., New Kensington, was flown to Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, for treatment of a wound in his upper leg. A condition report was not available at press time.
Charles Allias, 65, a longtime resident of 176 Jefferson Drive, was taken into custody minutes after the shooting.
Police said it happened just before 11 a.m. in Charles Allias' home in a quiet residential neighborhood about 200 yards from Leechburg Road.
Police said both men were said to have short tempers and police have answered calls there before. Police said a .38-caliber revolver was used. It was unclear how many people were in the house when the gun was fired.
Police planned to interview Christopher Allias at the hospital.
Court records show that Christopher Allias pleaded guilty last spring in Westmoreland County Court to assault and was sentenced to six months' probation.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at cbiedka @tribweb.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Despite being suspended, Boyd still making contributions for Pitt
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- ‘Action’ against AG Kane sent to Supreme Court, sources say
- Timing drives former KHL star Plotnikov
- ‘Climate clucker’ & proud
- County police officer on leave after assault charges filed
- LaBar: The upgrade of The Wyatt Family in WWE
- ATI picket injured at Harrison mill
- Charleroi looking to turn the corner
- WVU sophomore linebacker Preston draws heavy praise