Man shot, father arrested in Lower Burrell
An argument between a Lower Burrell man and his adult son ended with the father shooting the son on Sunday morning, police said.
Christopher Allias, 35, of 636 Kimball Ave., New Kensington, was flown to Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, for treatment of a wound in his upper leg. A condition report was not available at press time.
Charles Allias, 65, a longtime resident of 176 Jefferson Drive, was taken into custody minutes after the shooting.
Police said it happened just before 11 a.m. in Charles Allias' home in a quiet residential neighborhood about 200 yards from Leechburg Road.
Police said both men were said to have short tempers and police have answered calls there before. Police said a .38-caliber revolver was used. It was unclear how many people were in the house when the gun was fired.
Police planned to interview Christopher Allias at the hospital.
Court records show that Christopher Allias pleaded guilty last spring in Westmoreland County Court to assault and was sentenced to six months' probation.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at cbiedka @tribweb.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Penguins coach Johnston’s mother dies
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Conviction overturned in Italy murder case for Seattle woman
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- West Homestead man taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Pedestrian struck in Hazelwood Monday dies
- Reliable family car feels upscale
- Congress should repeal medical device tax
- Leechburg girls softball team dominates Riverview
- Shameful balance of powers