Man shot, father arrested in Lower Burrell
By Chuck Biedka
Published: Sunday, February 10, 2013, 11:45 a.m.
Updated: Monday, February 11, 2013
An argument between a Lower Burrell man and his adult son ended with the father shooting the son on Sunday morning, police said.
Christopher Allias, 35, of 636 Kimball Ave., New Kensington, was flown to Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, for treatment of a wound in his upper leg. A condition report was not available at press time.
Charles Allias, 65, a longtime resident of 176 Jefferson Drive, was taken into custody minutes after the shooting.
Police said it happened just before 11 a.m. in Charles Allias' home in a quiet residential neighborhood about 200 yards from Leechburg Road.
Police said both men were said to have short tempers and police have answered calls there before. Police said a .38-caliber revolver was used. It was unclear how many people were in the house when the gun was fired.
Police planned to interview Christopher Allias at the hospital.
Court records show that Christopher Allias pleaded guilty last spring in Westmoreland County Court to assault and was sentenced to six months' probation.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at cbiedka @tribweb.com.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Starkey: Pens’ offense blazing historic path
- Whitehall couple sues Pittsburgh zoo over son’s mauling by painted dogs
- Ambridge, North Allegheny defend WPIAL volleyball championships
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Golden opportunity awaits
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Penguins notebook: Bylsma likes response to adversity
- Seton-La Salle boys win WPIAL lacrosse title
- West Mifflin softball shifts focus to consolation game
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.