Man shot, father arrested in Lower Burrell
An argument between a Lower Burrell man and his adult son ended with the father shooting the son on Sunday morning, police said.
Christopher Allias, 35, of 636 Kimball Ave., New Kensington, was flown to Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, for treatment of a wound in his upper leg. A condition report was not available at press time.
Charles Allias, 65, a longtime resident of 176 Jefferson Drive, was taken into custody minutes after the shooting.
Police said it happened just before 11 a.m. in Charles Allias' home in a quiet residential neighborhood about 200 yards from Leechburg Road.
Police said both men were said to have short tempers and police have answered calls there before. Police said a .38-caliber revolver was used. It was unclear how many people were in the house when the gun was fired.
Police planned to interview Christopher Allias at the hospital.
Court records show that Christopher Allias pleaded guilty last spring in Westmoreland County Court to assault and was sentenced to six months' probation.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at cbiedka @tribweb.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Fire victim’s ex-boyfriend jumps from Tarentum Bridge
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- Steel Valley Shool District considers measures to bus students
- Locke gets rocked as Pirates are knocked off by Diamondbacks
- Elizabeth Bridge to receive $17.1M rehabilitation
- Summer workers help fight neighborhood blight
- Elizabeth prepares for first-ever farmers market
- Two cars strike horse near Fayette fair
- Sewickley Township fraud case reopens old wound for New Stanton woman