Man shot, father arrested in Lower Burrell
An argument between a Lower Burrell man and his adult son ended with the father shooting the son on Sunday morning, police said.
Christopher Allias, 35, of 636 Kimball Ave., New Kensington, was flown to Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh, for treatment of a wound in his upper leg. A condition report was not available at press time.
Charles Allias, 65, a longtime resident of 176 Jefferson Drive, was taken into custody minutes after the shooting.
Police said it happened just before 11 a.m. in Charles Allias' home in a quiet residential neighborhood about 200 yards from Leechburg Road.
Police said both men were said to have short tempers and police have answered calls there before. Police said a .38-caliber revolver was used. It was unclear how many people were in the house when the gun was fired.
Police planned to interview Christopher Allias at the hospital.
Court records show that Christopher Allias pleaded guilty last spring in Westmoreland County Court to assault and was sentenced to six months' probation.
Chuck Biedka is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at cbiedka @tribweb.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Port Authority says interest high for free fare zone sponsorship
- Jamison fans are still cheering on ‘Voice’ singer from Ross Township
- ‘Foxcatcher’ filmmaker Miller drawn to odd story
- Steelers notebook: Chiefs pass rush to test Steelers
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Luck looks foward to new opportunity with NCAA
- Greensburg Salem’s Oberdorf on early-season scoring binge
- Ski wear is not just for the mountain anymore
- College notebook: Seton Hill baseball team signs 4
- Fashion FYI: Anais Anette trunk show set for Lawrenceville’s Glitter & Grit
- Penguins notebook: Zatkoff returns to team as Fleury’s backup