Peduto to offer idea a day for improving Pittsburgh
By Bob Bauder
Published: Monday, February 11, 2013, 1:15 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Pittsburgh City Councilman and mayoral candidate Bill Peduto said on Monday that he plans to offer a new idea for improving the city every day until the May 21 primary election.
Peduto's first idea, which can be read in full at www.billpeduto.com, is to start an online suggestion box for residents with ideas on how to improve government. The best ideas would be featured on the city's website and voted on by residents before they are implemented. Peduto said he would institute an open-door policy so city employees could come directly to him with concerns about waste and inefficiency.
Peduto and city Controller Michael Lamb are challenging incumbent Luke Ravenstahl for the Democratic nomination for mayor. The Lamb campaign did not return a phone call seeking comment.
Ravenstahl campaign spokesman Matt Harringer said Peduto has had plenty of time during his three terms on council to offer ideas for improvement.
“This (plan) is a cute campaign tactic, and we're looking forward to hearing any new ideas he has for the city,” he said.
Bob Bauder is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-765-2312 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Kovacevic: Matt Cooke 1, Ottawa Senators 0
- Letang dazzles with dynamic play in Game 5 win
- Penguins rout Senators, return to Eastern Conference final
- Springdale grad Killiam shines on diamond for Allegheny
- Mix-up at poll could impact Freeport Area School Board race
- Harrison commissioners considering paving bids
- Alfredsson ponders his future
- PIAA board delays vote on Leechburg switch
- Marine restores pride of Memorial Day parade on streets of Lawrenceville
- Mayoral candidate Peduto wants to spread growth around Pittsburgh
- Wheelchair-bound woman’s passion for independence drives electric-car prototype
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.