Suspect in Larimer shooting arrested in Tennessee
A teenager wanted for gunning down another teen in Larimer was arrested on Monday by U.S. Marshals in Tennessee.
Authorities have been searching for Tyqwan Brooks, 17, of Lincoln-Lemington since the Sept. 5 death of Elijah Washington, 17, whose father found him dead in bushes near the Larimer Avenue Bridge.
Pittsburgh police arrested Shawn Jones, 18, of Beaver Falls on Sept. 12 in connection with Washington's death. He was charged with homicide, robbery and criminal conspiracy.
Brooks was taken into custody without incident at about 5:30 a.m. in Antioch, Tenn., according to the U.S. Marshals Service. In addition to homicide and conspiracy, he faces a charge of carrying a firearm without a license.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Founder of Z&M Cycle Sales in Hempfield killed in Florida motorcycle crash
- Eight Pitt players named to All-ACC team
- Wilkinsburg mom pleads guilty to child endangerment, will testify against boyfriend
- Baseball America names Pirates as organization of the year
- New Florence man charged with killing police officer
- Sports Deli is latest tenant to say goodbye to Parkway Center Mall
- Kane to announce plans for next chapter in porn email saga
- Rossi: It’s past time for NFL to protect players
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger reported symptoms that led to his exit vs. Seahawks
- LCB offers free holiday shipping to state stores
- University of Pittsburgh researchers revisit war of electric currents