Suspect in Larimer shooting arrested in Tennessee
Published: Monday, February 11, 2013, 4:21 p.m.
Updated: Monday, February 11, 2013
A teenager wanted for gunning down another teen in Larimer was arrested on Monday by U.S. Marshals in Tennessee.
Authorities have been searching for Tyqwan Brooks, 17, of Lincoln-Lemington since the Sept. 5 death of Elijah Washington, 17, whose father found him dead in bushes near the Larimer Avenue Bridge.
Pittsburgh police arrested Shawn Jones, 18, of Beaver Falls on Sept. 12 in connection with Washington's death. He was charged with homicide, robbery and criminal conspiracy.
Brooks was taken into custody without incident at about 5:30 a.m. in Antioch, Tenn., according to the U.S. Marshals Service. In addition to homicide and conspiracy, he faces a charge of carrying a firearm without a license.
- Trib poll: Peduto pulling ahead in Pittsburgh mayor’s race
- Kovacevic: Do Senators have anything left?
- Rossi: Late-game moves pay off
- Militaries’ growing use of ground robots raises ethics concerns
- Steelers might be forced to rely on rookies in 2013
- Penguins far from satisfied after Game 2
- Pirates’ bullpen falters in extra-inning loss to Astros
- Humans will retain key role in robot use
- Low voter turnout expected
- Leechburg man takes on busy election season
- Penguins’ Dupuis earns teammates’ respect with consistent play
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.