2 people arrested, 270 traffic citations issued over weekend in South Side blitz
Published: Monday, February 11, 2013, 5:48 p.m.
Updated: Monday, February 11, 2013
Two people were arrested and 270 traffic citations were issued on Friday and Saturday as Mayor Luke Ravenstahl's South Side blitz continued.
Fifty-three people have been arrested and 819 citations issued during the four weekends Pittsburgh police, firefighters and building inspectors have been out in full force in an effort to crack down on problems that have prompted numerous complaints by residents.
The inspectors conducted 63 bar occupancy inspections, bringing the total to 181 during the four weekends. There were 85 vehicles towed, making the four-week total 250. Police issued 19 non-traffic citations over the weekend. Officers have issued 819 traffic and non-traffic citations since the blitz began.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Elizabeth Township officials seek property to store road materials
- White Oak amends dog ordinance
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
- First-rounder McGuire expected to sign with Pirates on Tuesday
- Pilot of ultralight plane killed in crash
- Steelers defensive lineman Keisel hosts kids for day of fishing
- Unchecked looting guts Egypt’s heritage, with one ancient site ‘70 percent gone’
- Heroin cited in gun thefts
- Reds hit 4 solo homers, defeat Pirates, 4-1
- Arrington thriving with post-NFL endeavors
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.