2 people arrested, 270 traffic citations issued over weekend in South Side blitz
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, Feb. 11, 2013, 5:48 p.m.
Two people were arrested and 270 traffic citations were issued on Friday and Saturday as Mayor Luke Ravenstahl's South Side blitz continued.
Fifty-three people have been arrested and 819 citations issued during the four weekends Pittsburgh police, firefighters and building inspectors have been out in full force in an effort to crack down on problems that have prompted numerous complaints by residents.
The inspectors conducted 63 bar occupancy inspections, bringing the total to 181 during the four weekends. There were 85 vehicles towed, making the four-week total 250. Police issued 19 non-traffic citations over the weekend. Officers have issued 819 traffic and non-traffic citations since the blitz began.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- Steelers pick up defensive end Heyward’s option for 2015 season
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- West Mifflin business joins forces with East Allegheny students
- ACC announces Pitt’s opponents for next 2 seasons; Powell signs with Dukes
- Local Episcopal priest sentenced in child pornography case