2 people arrested, 270 traffic citations issued over weekend in South Side blitz
Two people were arrested and 270 traffic citations were issued on Friday and Saturday as Mayor Luke Ravenstahl's South Side blitz continued.
Fifty-three people have been arrested and 819 citations issued during the four weekends Pittsburgh police, firefighters and building inspectors have been out in full force in an effort to crack down on problems that have prompted numerous complaints by residents.
The inspectors conducted 63 bar occupancy inspections, bringing the total to 181 during the four weekends. There were 85 vehicles towed, making the four-week total 250. Police issued 19 non-traffic citations over the weekend. Officers have issued 819 traffic and non-traffic citations since the blitz began.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- A field day on social media as Pirates’ Rodriguez attacks Gatorade cooler
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Environmental watchdog sues world’s largest steelmaker over Pennsylvania pollution
- Plans for Excela orthopedic center move forward
- Upper St. Clair lifeguard ordered to stand trial for rape of female lifeguard
- Pennsylvania hardliners mum on GOP House leadership