West Mifflin man killed, 2 hurt in Lincoln Place car crash
A West Mifflin man died in a two-vehicle crash Monday night in Lincoln Place, the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
The office identified the man as Daniel Wolowski, 58. He died at the scene of the partial head-on collision in the 1000 block of Mifflin Road about 10:10 p.m., an employee with the office said.
Wolowski's wife and the driver of the other vehicle also were hurt in the crash and hospitalized at UPMC Mercy, Pittsburgh police Cmdr. Thomas Stangrecki said. He did not know the extent of their injuries.
Police are investigating what caused the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Elsie Hillman, philanthropist and one-time GOP powerhouse, dies at 89
- Pittsburgh officials unveil major changes to police response to violent crime
- Groups appeal Shell air permit for Beaver County project
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Uniontown man sentenced to 30 months for threatening Obama and his family
- Baldwin Borough man pleads guilty in white supremacist bombs case
- Delphi buys CMU spinoff that makes self-driving car software
- Man accused in crash that killed Export driver rejects plea offer
- Rossi: Pirates foolish to bet on Burnett return
- Man says fall cost him a leg, sues auto shop
- One man dead in McKees Rocks shooting