McArdle closing Tuesday morning for 2 hours
McArdle Roadway will be closed from Liberty Bridge to Grandview Avenue from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. this morning for preventative maintenance, the city announced.
That portion of McArdle was closed on two different occasions in 2012 for landslides, including a three-month stretch early in the year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Witness: Driver who caused fatal Route 28 accident ‘came out of nowhere’
- Controller releases report on Allegheny County finances
- Steelers’ fourth-round pick Grant relies on smarts to get job done
- EDMC to close quarter of its Art Institutes campuses
- Judge rules for railroad in suit over death of Homewood man
- Duquesne men’s basketball roster adds international flavor
- UPJ baseball coach labels Baldwin grad a pro prospect
- Whooping cough cases confirmed in 2 Hempfield schools
- NFL finds Patriots employees probably deflated balls
- Plans in place to form North Pitt high school rugby club
- Pitt’s Newkirk out 4-6 months after knee surgery