Tim Benz will return to the air on 105.9 The X
Tim Benz, co-host of the Morning Show on alternative rock radio station 105.9 The X, said he'll return to the show Wednesday.
“I will be back on the air,” Benz tweeted Tuesday. “Thanks to all of you who have reached out lately. I'll have more to say in the morning.”
Benz left the air Friday after arguing with listeners about his support of stricter gun laws. He declined to say more than his tweet.
“This was a radio station issue,” he said. “So I think it should be addressed first on the air.”
Benz is the husband of Kate Benz, a social columnist for the Tribune-Review.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- Pittsburgh police make command staff promotions, changes
- Speeds restricted as PA Turnpike under weather emergency
- Spirit Airlines to add daily flights from Arnold Palmer airport to Chicago
- Spring training breakdown: Pirates 8, Blue Jays 7
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- Surgeon to examine Pirates’ Cumpton after pitcher experienced elbow discomfort
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Cal U fraternity president cited after police arrest 7 in weekend brawl
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return