Undercover sex sting nabs Evans City man
An Evans City man thought he was meeting a 13-year-old girl for sex Sunday at a Cranberry hotel, but the “girl” turned out to be an undercover agent for the state Attorney General's office, according to authorities.
Dennis L. Belles, 45, was charged with unlawful contact of a minor, attempted involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, attempted indecent assault and other offenses. The attorney general's office said Belles contacted the undercover agent on Jan. 31 in response to an online ad regarding sex with a minor.
Belles believed he was talking online with the girl and her mother, both portrayed by the undercover agent, and arranged a Sunday meeting, according to a criminal complaint. Agents from the Child Predator Unit, along with Cranberry police, arrested Belles near the hotel.
Belles remained in the Butler County Prison Wednesday on $100,000 cash bond, with a hearing scheduled for Friday.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Cervelli’s inspiration
- ATI contract expires today; union reports no progress in negotiations
- Pittsburgh woman accused of shoplifting at Mills mall
- Deaths from diabetes, heart disease, cancer blamed on sugary beverages
- Donora woman wins state nursing award
- Rockin’ Ribfest in Connellsville on weekend
- Charges to mount as captured New York prison escapee gets better
- Pirates hope 1st baseman Alvarez starts to regain power stroke
- Dorfman: Dillard’s, Micron make Casualty List
- Roundup: Sysco pulls out of US Foods buyout; more
- Charleroi man charged in pizza shop burglaries