Undercover sex sting nabs Evans City man
By Bill Vidonic
Published: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 4:09 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 13, 2013
An Evans City man thought he was meeting a 13-year-old girl for sex Sunday at a Cranberry hotel, but the “girl” turned out to be an undercover agent for the state Attorney General's office, according to authorities.
Dennis L. Belles, 45, was charged with unlawful contact of a minor, attempted involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, attempted indecent assault and other offenses. The attorney general's office said Belles contacted the undercover agent on Jan. 31 in response to an online ad regarding sex with a minor.
Belles believed he was talking online with the girl and her mother, both portrayed by the undercover agent, and arranged a Sunday meeting, according to a criminal complaint. Agents from the Child Predator Unit, along with Cranberry police, arrested Belles near the hotel.
Belles remained in the Butler County Prison Wednesday on $100,000 cash bond, with a hearing scheduled for Friday.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Penguins notebook: Pens talking with Dupuis’ reps
- Pirates notebook: Beanballs escalate tension against Reds
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- Pirates announce signing of first-round pick McGuire
- Connellsville police plan annual poker ride
- NHL notebook: Datsyuk, Red Wings reach deal
- Mt. Pleasant’s Penn Theater building coming down
- Landmark Fallowfield DQ has new owners
- Mt. Pleasant district has superintendent candidate
- Mt. Pleasant Community Yard Sale set for Saturday
- U.S., Taliban to formally talk peace
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.