Undercover sex sting nabs Evans City man
An Evans City man thought he was meeting a 13-year-old girl for sex Sunday at a Cranberry hotel, but the “girl” turned out to be an undercover agent for the state Attorney General's office, according to authorities.
Dennis L. Belles, 45, was charged with unlawful contact of a minor, attempted involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, attempted indecent assault and other offenses. The attorney general's office said Belles contacted the undercover agent on Jan. 31 in response to an online ad regarding sex with a minor.
Belles believed he was talking online with the girl and her mother, both portrayed by the undercover agent, and arranged a Sunday meeting, according to a criminal complaint. Agents from the Child Predator Unit, along with Cranberry police, arrested Belles near the hotel.
Belles remained in the Butler County Prison Wednesday on $100,000 cash bond, with a hearing scheduled for Friday.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Pirates notebook: Polanco says demotion to Indianapolis helped
- Penn State notebook: Franklin: Nittany Lions’ ‘healthy’ going into Week 2
- Wednesday’s scouting report: Pirates at Cardinals
- NFL notebook: Broncos WR Welker suspended 4 games
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Closer seats don’t sit well with some fliers
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Pitt football notebook: Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- Pittsburgh mayor says new police chief’s skills fit the job well
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy odds