Undercover sex sting nabs Evans City man
An Evans City man thought he was meeting a 13-year-old girl for sex Sunday at a Cranberry hotel, but the “girl” turned out to be an undercover agent for the state Attorney General's office, according to authorities.
Dennis L. Belles, 45, was charged with unlawful contact of a minor, attempted involuntary deviate sexual intercourse, attempted indecent assault and other offenses. The attorney general's office said Belles contacted the undercover agent on Jan. 31 in response to an online ad regarding sex with a minor.
Belles believed he was talking online with the girl and her mother, both portrayed by the undercover agent, and arranged a Sunday meeting, according to a criminal complaint. Agents from the Child Predator Unit, along with Cranberry police, arrested Belles near the hotel.
Belles remained in the Butler County Prison Wednesday on $100,000 cash bond, with a hearing scheduled for Friday.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pirates, Burnett could work again
- Polamalu enters training camp as Steelers’ longest tenured player
- Pirates notebook: Phillies’ Burnett not demanding trade
- Outfielder Polanco driving force for Pirates in victory over Dodgers
- Plane crashes in Taiwan, 47 trapped, feared dead
- Pitt swingman Jones ready for breakout season
- Allegheny County warns of uptick in Lyme disease cases
- Pop star Perry brings high-energy world tour to Consol
- Black leaders back developer’s offer, say it could save August Wilson Center
- Selig: Pirates’ rebirth a positive step for baseball
- Hollidaysburg native Lafferty relishing his chance with Penguins