Maryland woman killed in wreck on I-79 in Washington County
Published: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 9:39 p.m.
Updated: Thursday, February 14, 2013
A Maryland woman was killed and another person injured on Wednesday when their car struck a guiderail and then was hit by another vehicle along Interstate 79 in Amwell Township.
Sarah Marie Graham, 20, of Frederick, Md., was a passenger in a Ford sedan traveling northbound in the passing lane when the driver lost control at 4:25 p.m. near the Marianna exit, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said. Graham died at the scene of blunt force trauma, Warco said.
The driver was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital for treatment, Warco said.
The northbound lanes were closed for four hours. Southbound traffic was reduced to a single lane for a time because of emergency vehicles on the roadway, county emergency dispatchers said.
Pennsylvania State Police are investigating.
- Kovacevic: It doesn’t have to be this hard
- Steelers rookie moves on after PSU scandal
- Penguins blow late lead, fall to Senators in 2OT
- I-70 to reopen after crash in Westmoreland
- Police: Drunk man escapes car hit by train in East Deer
- Steelers might be looking at a youth movement in 2013
- Pirates notebook: McCutchen scratched with soreness in right knee
- Mt. Washington’s Grandview Avenue isn’t looking so great these days
- Penguins notebook: Vitale a no-go
- Goalie Anderson stands tall in Senators’ victory over Penguins
- Lawrenceville native strives to fly from world’s wonders
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.