Maryland woman killed in wreck on I-79 in Washington County
A Maryland woman was killed and another person injured on Wednesday when their car struck a guiderail and then was hit by another vehicle along Interstate 79 in Amwell Township.
Sarah Marie Graham, 20, of Frederick, Md., was a passenger in a Ford sedan traveling northbound in the passing lane when the driver lost control at 4:25 p.m. near the Marianna exit, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said. Graham died at the scene of blunt force trauma, Warco said.
The driver was taken to a Pittsburgh hospital for treatment, Warco said.
The northbound lanes were closed for four hours. Southbound traffic was reduced to a single lane for a time because of emergency vehicles on the roadway, county emergency dispatchers said.
Pennsylvania State Police are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates show depth in earning victory over Rockies; Polanco has big night
- Shaler man charged with homicide, abuse of corpse in McKeesport woman’s death
- Healthy, confident Steelers LB Shazier ready for full speed ahead
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- Timing drives former KHL star Plotnikov
- Flooded out of Big Easy, veterinarian builds new life in Lawrenceville
- ‘Banshee’ props, inventory up for sale
- Despite being suspended, Boyd still making contributions for Pitt
- Pirates notebook: Catcher Cervelli among ejection leaders
- Arnold bakery reopens at is new ‘old’ location
- ATI picket injured at Harrison mill