Two Western Pennsylvania airports land state grants
The state is giving two Western Pennsylvania airports more than $1.1 million in grants for improvement projects, Gov. Tom Corbett's office said Thursday.
Allegheny County Airport in West Mifflin will get a $512,500 grant to help design and build new hangars. Arnold Palmer Regional Airport in Unity will receive $612,500 to put toward construction of a public safety building.
The grants are part of $10 million going to airport projects across the state. Corbett's office said the money would leverage an additional $11 million in local funding.
Tom Fontaine is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7847 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Steelers are banking on linebackers to improve strength of defense
- Facebook still hangs onto teen users but is losing some of its luster
- Medical personnel have plenty to do at Pittsburgh Marathon
- Women’s health the focus of 2nd annual Head to Toe
- Kennywood to review park security, following fight
- Uptown neighborhood in Pittsburgh on verge of breakthrough
- Santucci repeats as Pittsburgh Marathon winner; Njoroge wins men’s race
- Pirates suffer 3rd straight walk-off loss in St. Louis in 14 innings
- Proposed rule on noise limits for oil, gas sites in Pa. pleases none
- Jeannette man killed in Hempfield crash
- Civilian Corps to be highlighted in Connellsville