Portion of Allegheny River Boulevard closed after chase, crash
By Margaret Harding
Published: Friday, February 15, 2013, 6:54 a.m.
Updated: Friday, February 15, 2013
Emergency dispatchers said Allegheny River Boulevard near Nadine Road will remain closed until noon while crews work to repair a utility pole struck by a driver fleeing from police.
Officials said the incident began when police were chasing a driver in Homewood, though it was not immediately clear what prompted the chase.
Investigators said they called off the chase but the driver continued to flee at a high rate of speed and that's when he crashed into the pole.
The driver was seriously hurt and taken to a nearby hospital for treatment, police said.
Drivers are urged to find alternate routes.
- Steelers quarterback Roethlisberger likes the revamped offense
- Steelers’ Polamalu trim, fit as he arrives for OTAs
- Penguins Insider: Time is right for Jokinen’s return
- Kovacevic: Pens improve under microscope
- ‘We did it!’ Peduto tells city, as he defeats Wagner
- Steelers notebook: Less talk, more work is Tomlin’s theme
- Elizabeth Twp. gives chief administrative leave
- Lattanzi survives triple challenge in Clairton race
- Macey Dems’ choice for county
- Snider’s grand slam pushes Pirates to late victory over Cubs
- Neal’s solid play soon could pay off on scoresheet for Penguins
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.