Portion of Allegheny River Boulevard closed after chase, crash
Authorities reopened Alleghey River Boulevard Friday morning after a driver fleeing police crashed.
Pittsburgh police said officers tried to stop the driver on Hamilton Avenue in Homewood because he was driving without headlights. The driver briefly pulled over,and then fled, spokeswoman Diane Richard said.
Police terminated the chase and the suspect crashed into a utility pole shortly afterward, she said.
He was ejected from the vehicle and critically injured, Richard said. He was transported to UPMC Presbyterian, she said.Penn Hills police are investigating the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Golfer’s body found in lake at Moon country club
- Alvarez, Cole lead Pirates past Marlins
- Steelers’ Martavis Bryant facing four-game suspension
- Steelers won’t change scheme after Pouncey injury
- Steelers rookie receiver Coates learning on the fly
- Pitt freshman O’Neill eats up switch to tackle
- Pennsylvania warming to bring ‘profound’ changes, Penn State report says
- NFL notebook: RG3 evades concussion questions, cleared to play
- Two flown from Bullskin accident scene
- Class AAAA breakdown: Wealth of talent places target on Central Catholic
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle mulling rotation options