Fatal accident could have Route 28 closed for some time
A two-vehicle accident that killed at least one person closed Route 28 in both directions late Saturday, according to emergency dispatchers.
The accident in O'Hara closed the northbound and southbound lanes between the Highland Park Bridge and the 40th Street Bridge around 11:30 p.m.
Dispatchers said the road was expected to be closed for several hours.
State police were investigating, and additional information was not available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Fleury denied 300th victory as Penguins lose to Islanders, 5-4, in shootout
- South Fayette again defeats Aliquippa to defend WPIAL Class AA title
- Deal reached in Los Angeles school sex abuse case
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- Texas awaits surge from across border
- As snow melts, floods a growing concern in Buffalo
- Ohio judge frees 2 men in 1975 murder as then-teen witness recants
- 5 family members killed on ‘dream trip’ to Disney
- Mystery of deaths of 2 children, wounding of third and mother
- Penguins notebook: Dupuis’ absence will alter roles on penalty kill
- Plum man killed in Saltsburg Road rollover