Fatal accident could have Route 28 closed for some time
Published: Saturday, February 16, 2013, 11:45 p.m.
Updated: Sunday, February 17, 2013
A two-vehicle accident that killed at least one person closed Route 28 in both directions late Saturday, according to emergency dispatchers.
The accident in O'Hara closed the northbound and southbound lanes between the Highland Park Bridge and the 40th Street Bridge around 11:30 p.m.
Dispatchers said the road was expected to be closed for several hours.
State police were investigating, and additional information was not available.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- First-rounder McGuire expected to sign with Pirates on Tuesday
- BVA will refinance bond issue
- After all-conference year at St. Francis, Colligan gets to play St. Andrews
- Arrington thriving with post-NFL endeavors
- Farmers and Merchants Bank moves into Freeport
- Deer’s visit could force changes at Apollo-Ridge High School
- Pilot of ultralight plane killed in crash
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
- Judge delays hearing in wild chase, theft case
- Police: Beating victim, son forged prescriptions
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.