Fatal accident could have Route 28 closed for some time
A two-vehicle accident that killed at least one person closed Route 28 in both directions late Saturday, according to emergency dispatchers.
The accident in O'Hara closed the northbound and southbound lanes between the Highland Park Bridge and the 40th Street Bridge around 11:30 p.m.
Dispatchers said the road was expected to be closed for several hours.
State police were investigating, and additional information was not available.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police: Man wanted in fatal state trooper ambush captured
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Mt. Pleasant Cemetery to serve as site of Civil War ceremony
- Steelers must find better balance on defense
- Peduto nominates experienced Pittsburgh EMS chief for top post
- Steelers’ prime-time games shrink attendance at Heinz Field
- Mylan’s 3Q profit triples on strong U.S. sales
- Trooper struck by SUV in East Huntingdon has ‘long road ahead of him’
- Court validates Highmark Medicare plan that excludes UPMC
- Squirrel Hill synagogue settles harassment case with ex-leader
- Arrest made in June homicide in Hill District