2 found dead after Lawrence County fire
A man and a woman were found dead Sunday inside the remnants of a Lawrence County mobile home destroyed by fire, state police said.
Police identified the victims as Phillip James Illig Sr., 49, and Jessica Lynn Morehouse, 28, both of Perry Township.
A passer-by reported the fire at the victims' home in the 6200 block of State Route 488 at 2:12 a.m., police said. Flames had engulfed the home when firefighters arrived, police said.
State police are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Sestak kicks off U.S. Senate campaign — with a couple missteps
- Owner of Strip District nightclub Ivy agrees to close after shooting
- 11 Ligonier Township residents rescued by boat from floodwaters
- Police: Suspect in 1970 cold case homicide of 17-year-old dies days before charges filed
- U.S. clears police officer in Ferguson case, criticizes police force
- Penguins need trade-deadline acquisitions to bring toughness
- Shania’s first tour in 11 years includes Pittsburgh stop
- PennDOT alerts drivers to numerous road closures due to flooding, debris
- Blue Jays’ Martin has ‘nothing but praise’ for former Pirates teammates
- ‘Time for bold change,’ Wolf says in outlining $30B state budget
- Artist born without arms, legs gives Hampton students peek into her world