2 found dead after Lawrence County fire
A man and a woman were found dead Sunday inside the remnants of a Lawrence County mobile home destroyed by fire, state police said.
Police identified the victims as Phillip James Illig Sr., 49, and Jessica Lynn Morehouse, 28, both of Perry Township.
A passer-by reported the fire at the victims' home in the 6200 block of State Route 488 at 2:12 a.m., police said. Flames had engulfed the home when firefighters arrived, police said.
State police are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin not grooming successor to RB Williams
- Steelers kicker Boswell puts best foot forward
- Derailment impacting Amtrak service eastbound from Pittsburgh
- Committee says Senate should consider removing Attorney General Kane
- Maryland man found with missing Ohio girl in Pittsburgh motel
- Buffalo man killed by truck in the West End Circle wanted ‘a fresh start’
- Penguins’ Perron returning to form
- Pittsburgh police chief reviews use of force policies: Most ‘quite satisfactory’
- Attorney wants evidence from South Allegheny teacher’s cell phone thrown out
- Trib readers help families with Operation Santa Claus