Melvin jury will continue deliberations on Wednesday
Published: Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 4:12 p.m.
Updated: Tuesday, February 19, 2013
The Allegheny County jury deciding the fate of state Supreme Court Justice Joan Orie Melvin and her sister will resume deliberations on Wednesday.
The jury of nine men and three women deliberated for more than six hours Tuesday. Deliberations began on Friday.
Melvin, 56, of Marshall, and her sister and former administrative assistant Janine Orie, 58, of McCandless are charged with using state-paid employees to do political work on Melvin's 2003 and 2009 campaigns for the high court.
Their trial before Common Pleas Judge Lester G. Nauhaus began on Jan. 25.
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Connellsville’s Memorial Day features wreath toss, recitation of Gettysburg Address on 150th anniversary
- Budget steady on taxes
- Newest Dunbar Community Festival ornament is now available
- Dunbar, Vanderbilt plan Monday services
- Stretch of Route 43 dedicated to vets
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- Fay-West communities to observe Memorial Day
- Mt. Pleasant to dedicate new digital wall
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.