Butler man killed in head-on crash
A man was killed in a head-on crash Monday in Butler County, state police said.
Mark Bishop, 52, of Butler died in the crash on Route 68 near the Connoquenessing Elementary School about 10:40 a.m., state police said.
Bishop was driving a Nissan Frontier westbound when Justin Enslen, 25, of Renfrew drove a Dodge Ram across the center line and struck the Nissan, state police said. Enslen suffered moderate injuries and Bishop's passenger, Holly Merkner, 41, of Lyndora suffered minor injuries, state police said.
Police are investigating the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Electricity rates expected to increase this winter
- Pirates’ 5-game winning streak ends with 1-0 loss to Brewers
- Gas industry remedies ‘brain drain’ in Western Pennsylvania
- WVU falls short against OU
- Former drug dealer, addict give away groceries as part of church’s outreach
- Vandergrift Arts & Crafts Festival brings community together, shows off the town
- Scout’s kiosk to tell brave woman’s tale
- Penn State rolls past Massachusetts
- North Versailles restaurant, dance studio damaged in crash
- Paying tuition a challenge as costs skyrocket and aid varies
- SWAT team responds to incident in Edgeworth