40th Street Bridge reopens after woman threatens to jump
By Tory Parrish
Published: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 2:03 p.m.
Updated: Wednesday, February 20, 2013
A woman who threatened to jump from the 40th Street Bridge Wednesday afternoon was transported to Western Psychiatric Institute and Clinic, a Pittsburgh police officer said.
The bridge, which police closed during the incident, has reopened, Sgt. William Gorman said.
- Kovacevic: It’s about time for these Penguins
- Police: Man brandished gun at foundry; no injuries reported
- Neal, Iginla get back on track to lead Penguins
- Senators on cusp of ouster against Penguins
- Steelers veteran outside linebacker Woodley: ‘I’m good to go’
- Steelers’ Miller watches, waits while teammates practice
- Penguins turn Game 4 into a blowout victory over the Senators
- Pirates outfielder Snider certainly proving to be (big) hit
- Steelers notebook: Slimmed-down Redman optimistic for 2013
- Starter Liriano impressive again as Pirates blank Cubs
- Pizza shop owner waives hearing
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.