Moon woman arrested after flying Furby injures boyfriend
By Matthew Santoni
Published: Thursday, February 21, 2013, 1:42 p.m.
Updated: Friday, February 22, 2013
An argument that started over a Facebook post ended with a Moon woman striking her boyfriend in the head with a Furby toy and a PlayStation remote control, police said.
Moon police said Ashley Trimmer, 27, argued early Wednesday with William Ley, her live-in boyfriend of eight months, over a negative post he made about her on Facebook.
Trimmer could not be reached.
According to the criminal complaint, the argument escalated and Trimmer threw the Furby at Ley's head.
The round, fuzzy, animatronic toy struck Ley on the right side of his face, police said. Trimmer also threw a remote control for a Sony PlayStation game console that struck him on the other side of his face, they said.
Police, who met Ley outside the home shortly after 1 a.m., said he had red marks and a small, bleeding cut on one side of his face but did not require hospital treatment.
Police arrested Trimmer and charged her with simple assault. She posted 10 percent of her $2,000 bail and was released; her preliminary hearing is scheduled for Tuesday before District Magistrate Mary P. Murray.
Moon police Chief Leo McCarthy said that in cases of domestic assault with an injury, officers are obligated to make an arrest even if the injuries are minor.
“She's a young woman who obviously is troubled,” McCarthy said. “I believe when this goes to a preliminary hearing, this will be resolved and this young woman will be able to put all this behind her.”
Matthew Santoni is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5625 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Steelers rookie safety Thomas learning from Polamalu, Clark
- First-rounder McGuire expected to sign with Pirates on Tuesday
- BVA will refinance bond issue
- After all-conference year at St. Francis, Colligan gets to play St. Andrews
- Arrington thriving with post-NFL endeavors
- Farmers and Merchants Bank moves into Freeport
- Deer’s visit could force changes at Apollo-Ridge High School
- Pilot of ultralight plane killed in crash
- Pirates notebook: Mercer now the top option at shortstop
- Judge delays hearing in wild chase, theft case
- New Alexandria woman charged with carrying 96 bags of heroin
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.