Indiana Township house where FBI agent died will be auctioned
Published: Friday, February 22, 2013, 1:42 p.m.
Updated: Saturday, February 23, 2013
The Indiana Township house where a woman fatally shot a federal agent during a drug raid will be sold at auction.
The Allegheny County civil court scheduled a sheriff's sale of the Woods Run Road property where Christina Korbe shot FBI Special Agent Samuel Hicks on Nov. 19, 2008, as he and other law enforcement officers attempted to arrest her husband, Robert Korbe, on drug charges. Hicks was a graduate of Southmoreland High School.
The auction is scheduled for March 4 in the Allegheny County Courthouse, Downtown. JPMorgan Chase Bank seeks to recoup nearly $280,000 in principal, interest and fees. The property will be sold to the highest bidder.
Christina Korbe, 44, pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter and using a firearm during a violent crime. She is serving 15 years, 10 months in a Hazelton, W.Va., federal prison.
Robert Korbe, 43, pleaded guilty to gun, drug and mail fraud charges and is serving 25 years in a federal prison in Salters, S.C.
Court documents state JPMorgan Chase granted the Korbes a mortgage in June 2007 for 111 Woods Run Road and that payments stopped in January 2009, five weeks after the shooting.
For more information, visit sheriffalleghenycounty.com/real_estate.html.
- Steelers hope new blocking scheme kick-starts running game
- 3 arrested in break-in at Allegheny Ludlum plant
- Senators' Alfredsson clarifies comments made after Game 4
- NHL commissioner Bettman talks Crosby, Olympics, outdoor games
- Steelers notebook: Gilbert hopes to stay on left side of O-line
- Rotary club celebrates diamond anniversary
- Clairton board OKs dek hockey concept
- Penguins insider: Golden opportunity arrives with Game 5
- NK-Arnold OKs proposed tax hike
- Acting Emerson principal named to permanent post
- Pools get ready for summer
You must be signed in to add comments
To comment, click the Sign in or sign up at the very top of this page.
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.