Beaver County appeal latest step in deputies' work dispute
Beaver County commissioners on Friday filed an emergency motion to stop Beaver County Sheriff George David from resuming hiring out uniformed deputies to work private security details.
On Feb. 7, Erie County Senior Judge John A. Bozza approved a preliminary injunction requested by county commissioners to stop the practice. Commissioners said the county code gives only commissioners the power to enter into contracts on behalf of the county.
David appealed the preliminary injunction on Wednesday and said that allows him to immediately resume the security details until the matter is settled.
An appeal by Beaver County Solicitor Joseph Askar said David's appeal amounted to an automatic stay of the preliminary injunction, and he's asking Bozza to vacate any stay. There was no ruling on Askar's motion as of Friday evening.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Hempfield train crash search called off; no evidence found
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts
- Coroners, organ harvesting group spar over procurement process
- Pirates chase Mets’ Harvey early in rout
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream
- Man shot multiple times in Hill; suspects sought
- Going the distance no longer part of the game
- Former pitcher Allie happily adjusting to outfield
- Harlan: Coveted North Hills lineman fits up-tempo style
- Rossi: Days off are when Pirates’ starters begin winning formula
- Book details secret to Pirates’ turnaround